Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Today--only slightly edited

Today when I woke up at 6:06 a.m. and decided that I was not going to get up and go running (walking), Heather must have heard my internal decision and decided to give me a little "I love you mom" present, because she didn't make a peep until 7:50 a.m.

Today I read this (go to page 24 in the magazine, page 26 in the pdf) while eating lunch with my Heather, and felt an extra bit of hope. I love having extra hope, don't you?

Today I worked from home, and Eric was able to be home for an hour or so around 2:30, so we were all three able to be at home together for a little while during the day. What a treat!

Today when I took Heather outside to calm her down after an unexpected screaming fit, I had a nice conversation with my very amiable neighbor and got to watch the antics of her very entertaining little boy all at the same time. Talk about multi-tasking!

Today Heather went to bed without nearly as much crying as we endured a few nights ago.

Today our air-conditioning works, and I'm sitting at a computer in perfect climate-controlled comfort.

Today I got to turn that little "have you done your visiting teaching?" magnet around from the "getting round tuit" side to the "done" side. Extra joy because the end of the month is more than a week away.

Today I live in the same state as all four of my parents, in a valley that is breathtaking in its beauty, in a home that is filled with love (and robots)(and yarn)(and little specks of things on the floor that I never noticed until my toddler started with the eating everything in sight business), with my two favorite people in the whole world.

Photobucket
All in all, today was a good day.
(and in case you're wondering--this picture was not taken today)


1 comment:

Tasha said...

Perfect! I need to do a post like this soon....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...