Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Red Dirt

This isn't going to be one of my most thoughtful posts, but since we've been back for a few days, I thought I ought to get the "We're off to the Corry Reunion" post off of the most recent post position.

So, we're home from the Corry Reunion. It was fun. Two of my brothers were unable to attend, and neither were their families, and that was kind of a bummer. Still, we made the best of it, and had a lovely time chatting, playing, eating delicious food, and getting red dirt in our shoes and tire treads. There's just something special for me about seeing red dirt in the tire tread of my car. It never lasts long, and I don't love it so much when it's still in my socks after two washings, but in the tires, I love it. It makes me remember where I come from, and reminds me a bit of who I am. As one of my uncles said once, "You can take the girl out of Cedar City, but you can't take the Cedar City out of the girl."

Not that I want to move or anything. I like Cache Valley just fine, thank you very much.

And with that, I leave you. Eric and Heather just got home, and I've got (ahem) more important things to do just now.

Hasta,


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...