Now I guess I'm more of a blogger.
Anyway, after thinking about it for a few days, I've come to the conclusion that I do in fact have some blogging goals. Here, in the order that they popped into my brain, are some of them:
- Share that which makes me laugh.
- Provide a place for my mother and dad to check in on my life and the lives of Eric and Heather.
- Provide the same for other relatives and friends who I don't get to see as often as I would like.
- Share the gospel of Jesus Christ. (mostly with light-heartedness and hopefully without sanctimoniousness)
- Lean toward the quirky in what's written here. (this is kind of the same as #1)
- Write with open-ness, and (more importantly) kindness.
- Use words that end with "-ness" as often as humanly possible. (I'm killin' me here!)
There are others, but I think that is almost enough for here and now.
There is one last thing though. Ever since I started the blog, I have had a little internal rule. It is this:
If blogging ever stops being something I enjoy and starts being something on my "to do" list
(and thusly, starts to give me stress),
I can close up shop and be done--
for however long I want.
After all, life is too short to allow hobbies to become have-to's.
For those of you who are also bloggers (or people with a blog)--I'm curious.
Do you have blogging goals? Will you share with me what they are?