Sunday, May 10, 2009

blessings overflowing


Some of you may have already read this. I'm posting it here anyway. It's fitting for Mother's Day, don't you think?


One of my very very favorite pictures




For almost her entire life, Heather has gone out to Grandma and Grandpa Cantwell's home every Monday morning. She spends the morning dancing "cheek to cheek" with her grandpa, and spends the afternoon playing all sorts of games with her grandma. Then Wednesday afternoon, she goes back and plays with grandma again.


Because Beverly and Wayne make themselves free to play with Heather this consistently, Eric, Heather, and I have been able to have health insurance, food, clothes, a home to live in, a USU degree (well, actually, we now collectively have two USU degrees), and (and this is huge) no student loans.


When I take Heather out to G&G Cantwell's, I park out by the garage, and come in through the garage door to the house. I chat with Beverly or Wayne for a moment, and leave the same way I came in. Nearly every time I leave, I stop in the garage for a moment and thank Heavenly Father for these parents, and the rest of the family that I acquired just over two years ago.









Every once in a while, Eric gets on what I call a "we're spoiling Heather" kick. He talks about how we might be picking Heather up too often, or whether or not we're at her beck and call too much. He might speculate on the amount of attention that Heather gets when she's out with his parents, and wonder if they are spoiling her.


These phases don't last for too long, and I'm glad, because honestly, if Eric's parents are spoiling Heather, I think it's all for the best. I love having Heather spoiled by her grandparents. Let's be honest though, shall we?


If anyone is getting spoiled around here . . .



It's me.



Thank you, Beverly and Wayne.

1 comment:

Tonya said...

Our son has a very special relationship and bond with his grandparents and I too thank my lucky stars daily for it.

A child can never be too spoiled with love.

What a classic picture of grandma and Heather. She's such a beauty.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...