Friday, April 17, 2009

Carmen Miranda

A few days ago, Eric and I were talking about names, specifically names that we could have chosen for Heather, but didn't. The names "Susan" and "Phyllis" came up. We both like "Susan" okay, but we're not really big fans of the other name, at least not for our little girl. Of course, we like the name "Heather" best of all the game.

Anyway, that conversation led us to one in which Eric was comparing and contrasting Phyllis Diller, Carol Channing, and Carmen Miranda. I confessed that I didn't know who Carmen Miranda was, and Eric was amazed at my ignorance.

He then went on to give me a play by play of a scene from one of Carmen's movies, complete with intricate details regarding a whole bunch of gigantic bananas maneuvered in synchronization by a whole cadre of long-legged, lipstick-clad women. Listening to that description was pure silliness, which is another way of saying pure magic.

And then, just in case his descriptions hadn't done justice, he scoured the internet and found me these seven minutes of delight:




Now, that's what I call love.



(and silliness--pure and unadulterated silliness)
(have I used the phrase "pure silliness" enough in this post yet?)
(three videos in one week--that's definitely a record here)
(no videos next week . . . promise)

3 comments:

Tonya said...

"The lady in the tutti-fruity hat" That is just awesome..lol

Heather is a beautiful name for a beautiful girl.

Bamamoma said...

I had never seen that and my life is DEFINITELY better because I have now. Eric's love just keeps giving - thanks for sharing it with all of us.

Pure silliness indeed.

Porters said...

Agreed, silly but entertaining! Too bad we don't have more positive silliness instead of mind numbing humor (can't even call it pure silliness).

Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...