Monday, April 06, 2009

7:51 p.m.

In a bit of role reversal, it's 7:51 p.m., and I'M sitting at the computer while ERIC gets Heather ready for bed. Nearly a complete turn-around from what is usual.



(I'm a little on the exhausted side, and so I asked Eric to take over for me. He said yes.)



(Eric's no dummy.)







Life is going well for us these days. We were able to spend some quality time this weekend with members of Eric's family, as well as our friends Donna & Steve. It was lovely. In addition, this is "Wicked Week". As (I hope) any first-time mom of a six-month-old might be, I'm a bit overwhelmed with all that needs to be taken care of Heather-wise so that we can leave good old Cache Valley, but I think I'm really going to enjoy the break, the show, the company, and the whole experience in general.



My postings have been a little on the sparse side lately, both in quantity and in quality. Sorry about that. I've got a few other projects going on at the moment, and so I don't have as much time for blogging as I have had at other times. I'm okay with that. There are seasons for everything. I don't want to quit blogging, and so I won't. But, for now, these sparse, write-as-I-run (or, more appropriately perhaps, as I don't run) may be more of the rule rather than the exception for a bit. That's the way it goes sometimes.



And I think that's about it for now. Eric (who is currently reading Heather her bedtime story using a wide variety of foreign accents) has made it all the way to Little Cats H, I, J, & K,* which means that the story is nearing the end, and if I want to have my special "singing to Heather time" (and I definitely DO), I need to get this spell-checked, titled, and published.



Happy Monday.






(Incidentally, Isn't this a funny picture? I looked up "Joy" in Google Image, and this is one of the things that came up. 'Cause you know, nothing says "joy" like a white-haired mermaid doll holding a big ole pearl, does it? Odd.)

















*See "The Cat in the Hat Comes Back"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...