Monday, March 02, 2009

you gotta getcha getcha head in the game

How many of you listen to NPR? (no points for this)

What about the show Wait, Wait--Don't Tell Me? Do you listen to that?

I do. I used to be almost religious in my listening, but now I'm a little less fanatic about it. I bet I listen once or twice a month, depending on the moodiness level of Her Little Highness. If you're interested, it's on Utah Public Radio from 10:00 to 11:00 on Saturday mornings.

Anyway, Wait, Wait--Don't Tell Me is basically a radio game show. Every week they have three different comedians, and they take turns answering questions and cracking jokes about the week's news. Average listeners call in and play some of the games as well. At the end of the hour, they wind everything up by playing a round of what they call "Lightning Fill in the Blank". You can probably guess how that game is played just from the name. Anyway, it's a quick way to score a whole lot of points. Generally who ever wins the Lightning Fill in the Blank round wins the whole game.

* * *

Today as I was out on the town, I passed my local grocery store and saw that the temperature was a balmy 44 degrees. I haven't worn a scarf or a hat in about a week, and the sun was out nearly all day today. We're into March. Spring is on its way. It's time to wind-up our silly-but-oh-so-fun-game, and welcome brighter days. (Thanks for playing, by the way). So, here's how it's all going to play out:

I may or may not post another entry before Saturday. We'll just have to see how I'm feeling, how much time I have, and if anything blogworthy happens. BUT, Saturday, March 7 will be the final official day of 2009's Midwinter Musical Madness, and we are going out with a bang.

At 7:00 a.m. on Saturday, a quote from a musical will be posted here. The first person to leave a comment with the song title will get 2 points. Two more points will be awarded for the name of the musical from which the song is pulled. Every hour after that, another quote will be posted, and points will be awarded in the same manner. The final post will be at 7:00 p.m. on Saturday. Sometime between Saturday at 7:00 p.m. and Monday at 7:00 p.m., I will total all the points and declare a winner.

The winner will receive a fabulous showcase showdown package including bragging rights, a place of honor on the sidebar of this particular blog, his or her very own non-birthday poetry post, AND an autographed copy of Be Still My Soul. (the debut solo album of international singing star Miss Charlotte Corry (now Cantwell) accompanied by none other than her Aunt Elizabeth Corry Sampson. )





You just can't wait, can you?


Yeah, me neither.



Hasta Sabado (unless I decide to post again sooner),
Charlotta


10 points for the name of the musical.
No points for the name of the song.
3 points for the name of the character who sings it.
1 point each for naming the titles of any other songs in this particular musical.
Other points awarded as whims dictate.

12 comments:

Rebbie Becky said...

Let's see,
Musical: High School Musical
Name of Character: Troy Boulton (played by Zac Effron)
Additional Songs: Start of Something New, Stick to the Status Quo, When There Was Me and You, We're All in This Together, Bop to the Top, What I've Been Looking For, and Breaking Free

Bamamoma said...

Wow, Rebbie Becky is good! (or just really like HSM).

Do I get some points for my assistance? ;-)

Jeri said...

All I can say is that I was lucky to jump up ahead when I did, since I haven't had a clue on the last several...

PLEASE include some "musicals for dummies" on Saturday. (not that I need to win, I already have the fantabulous CD,it's the bragging rights I'm going for...)

Charlotte said...

Wow! A giant sweep by Rebbie Becky! Twenty points for questions answered, and an additional point for knowing that Zac Effron played Troy Boulton. This game can turn on a dime! Yesterday we didn't even know that Rebbie Becky was playing, and now she's rocketed to second place, and all but demolished Jake's hopes to make the play-offs (if there were going to be play-offs, which there aren't).

Amazing!

Also--three points to Bamamoma for consulting services, without which, this post might never have been written. (That was really poor English. Sorry.)

Charlotte said...

Jeri--

What?? You don't want another poem?

;)

Jake said...

Is Eric going to be home on Saturday? If so I may call him for some insider information. You may want to make sure he isn't standing with a phone in his hand while you are blogging on that day.

Rebbie Becky said...

Yes. I have just been lurking in the dark for the opportune moment. Of course, I would know ALL about High School Musical (only the first one..not a fan of the other two), since I was in high school when it came out.

BAM!! 2nd place...not too bad!!

Harmony said...

Okay, I knew from the get-go that I had no chance at winning, but if I'd known there was a CD by Charlotte is the Best to be won, well...trying harder wouldn't have helped. I'll just have to figure out another way to get my hands on one.

Charlotte said...

Harmony--You don't already have one??? I thought everyone who knew me had one! I'll get one to you right away.

Harmony said...

I'd love one! Thanks! Oh, and I do listen to NPR (daily) and Wait,Wait Don't Tell Me (often). Can I get on the board for that? :-)

Charlotte said...

Yes! Five points to Harmony!

Harmony said...

Wahoo!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...