Sunday, February 08, 2009

Beloved

"All Human Beings--male and female--are created in the image of God. Each is a beloved spirit son or daughter of heavenly parents, and, as such, each has a divine nature and destiny. "
-(The Proclamation on the Family--2nd paragraph)



I wonder how my actions would change if I remembered this more often. Would I be so curt to the kid on my doorstep-the one who tells me that he's earning money for college by selling magazine subscriptions? He may or may not be telling the absolute truth, and even if he is, I'm not reading all the magazines that we receive now. Still, whether or not I buy one, I can still be kind, right?


What about the other people I encounter in a given day?


What if Heavenly Father spoke back to me, (in a voice that I could actually hear with my own ears) at the end of my nightly prayers? Would he gently rebuke me for the way that I had treated one or more of his beloved sons or daughters that day?


Honestly, on most days, there would probably be cause for that kind of reproof. I try to be kind, but the fact is, I can do better. I can remember every day that each person crossing my path is beloved by God, and has a divine nature and destiny. As I remember that, my thoughts about each of them will change, and as my thoughts go, so go my actions.







I'm sure I won't do it perfectly, but I can definitely do at least a little bit better.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...