Friday, December 19, 2008

A (virtual) Christmas Card - just for you


I have a love/hate relationship when it comes to Christmas Cards. I LOVE to receive Christmas Cards. As I receive them, I tape them to the door of our coat closet (see side photo), and so all through the month of December, the first thing I see when I arrive home is a glorious reminder of our friends and family, and lots and lots of love.

However, thinking about sending Christmas cards to all those that I love and care about . . . It Stresses Me Out!


So, this year, I did things a bit differently. I took some fun pictures of Heather, and had one (actually three, but that's a different story) of them made up into those photo greeting cards that you see everywhere. I sent the cards to our parents and siblings. Then, as the Christmas cards have rolled into our mailbox, I've sent out cards to those people who have sent them to us.


This sounds kind of petty, doesn't it? I don't mean it to be. Honestly, I don't think I have the attitude of "if you don't give me one, I'm not going to give you one" in my heart. It's just that when I think of stuffing, addressing, stamping, and sending 50 or so of these cards, it feels like a mountain that is too big for me to climb. To be honest, I don't want to feel that way during this glorious season.


On the other hand, taking 5-10 minutes every night to address 2-3 envelopes while I'm still basking in the glow of receiving news and good wishes from friends and family? That is something that I actually enjoy doing, and keeps me in the spirit of the season.


So, for those of you who (also) get stressed out by Christmas cards, or are running a little late this year, or for whatever other reason haven't happened to send us a card this time around (and thus haven't happened to receive one from us yet), these pictures are for you. May you have a joyous (stress-free and guilt-free) Holiday Season, and "May God bless us, every one!"









This just might be my favorite. Take a gander at that belly!











8 comments:

Tasha said...

I LOVE this idea - will get to my virtual card probably Monday - I love to send the cards to people too, but some years...yea, the internet may not be as personal, but sometimes it makes life a little more doable without the guilt, you know?

BTW - the first picture is my favorite.

Harmony said...

My sentiments about Christmas cards exactly. I decided not to stress about them this year too--if it happens, it happens; if not, then not. Then, like every year, I start receiving them in the mail and feel like I should return the favor, since I enjoy getting them so much. I like your idea too. The pictures of Heather are cute, as always!

And the door of the coat closet is absolutely the best place to tape Christmas cards. Great minds think alike. ;) Charlotte, you are still the best!

Nellie and Jason said...

Those are quite possibly the cutest pictures i have ever seen!! LOVE IT!

Kami Anderson said...

Those are the cutest pictures ever!! I love her facial expressions. I'm so glad I got to see them. I'm usually so good at sending out christmas cards and this year I haven't sent one.

Laura said...

I love them all but the first and last are tops with me.
Having the pointsettia there really adds "art"

tash8 said...

I am with you on the card thing. Thanks for sharing your feelings I thought I was weird not wanting to send cards also. She is so wonderful.

Bamamoma said...

So cute! She really is a charming little one. It was great seeing you all last night. Merry Christmas!

michellejohnnie said...

She is a cute Santa! Merry Christmas.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...