Monday, December 15, 2008

The Good News Moment

Every Sunday, at the beginning of the Relief Society Meeting in my ward, we have what I believe is called the "Good News" moment. I assume that many of you have it in your ward as well (since they have it in my mom's ward, and if it's going on in Cedar City and Cache Valley, chances are, it's going on elsewhere as well), but just in case you don't (or in case you're a man or you don't happen to attend LDS Relief Society for some other reason), here's a brief explanation.

Basically, after the opening song and prayer, but before the practice song and lesson, anyone who has any good news to share (generally from their own personal life) is invited to raise their hand and share it. My ward is primarily made up of shy-young-mothers and bold-older-grandmothers, so the good news moment in our ward is generally dominated by news of whose grandson just received his mission call, or whose granddaughter was named Valedictorian of her high school class. Since I work with the Junior Primary and not the Senior Primary, I get to attend Relief Society, but most of the time I get there too late to participate in the good news moment. Honestly though, even if I was there, I would probably feel too shy to raise my hand and share any news I had.

But, today I have some good news. So, without further ado, I present to you:



Charlotte's Good News Moment


Good news #1: My brother (the one that tried to rope me a month and a half ago) called on Friday to tell me that he was able to get 8 tickets to the production of Wicked that is coming to Salt Lake this spring. He then offered two of them to Eric and me. Nice.


Good news #2: Within the next two weeks, I will be able to spend quality time with Heidi, Phil, & Eden from Alabama, Scott, Lindsey, Caleb, Paige, & Will from Minnesota, and Douglas, Maegen, & Daxton from Ohio. Also, quite nice.


and finally
,


Good news #3: Over the weekend Heather slept for seven consecutive hours on two consecutive nights! "Nice" doesn't even begin to cover it. How about Hallelujah! Joy! Rejoicing! Jubilation!!


As you can tell, all is well with us. We had a nice weekend, and I'm looking forward to a good week. Happy Holidays.



ps-if you have some good news and want to join in, feel free to leave a comment and share it here.

3 comments:

Jenna Marie said...

Oh goodness! I've been searching everywhere for two tickets to Wicked for a reasonable price!! They were sold out when I got to them on Friday... You are very very lucky!! :) And I'm very very jealous! I've wanted to go to this for years! Pray that I'll be able to find tickets too! :)

Laura said...

That's a lot of good news for you...and congrats on scoring those tickets.
Wahoo.

Bamamoma said...

Wicked - nice
Friends and Family - very nice
Good sleep - priceless!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...