Friday, December 12, 2008

buckets of fun (ahead of schedule)

This is the post where I update the world on Heather stuff (as much of it as I feel like sharing anyway.)

I can't remember if I've written about this or not, but in our kitchen, we have a large cork board, filled with pictures of fun times that we've had, mostly with family. The board used to contain pictures of nearly all of our nieces and nephews, as well as several of me and Eric. Lately it's become the "all-Heather-all-the-time" board, but that's another story.


Anyway, if you'll remember back a few months, you might recollect that while I was pregnant, I was rather apprehensive about how much I would be able to endure, much less enjoy being a mother to our little baby. The fact is, I am much more of a toddler-lover, and much less of an infant-lover. I've never been one who just had to "hold the baby", but I have been one who absolutely revelled in singing "The Wheels on the Bus" (over and over and over again), and reading stories, and playing "Duck Duck Goose". To put it more succinctly, I love three-year-olds. Newborns, not so much.


So, during my pregnancy, there were times, many of them, where I would sit at our kitchen table, and look at that cork board. I would see the pictures of our nieces and our nephews, and I would remember the fun, quirky moments that I had enjoyed with them most recently. Then, I would tell my (apprehensive about motherhood) self,


"Charlotte, if you can just endure through those first two years of babyhood, then you'll have a little kid that you'll be able to play with, and things will really get fun. Just hang in there."

Well, I am thrilled to report that Heather got fun ahead of schedule. She's always been sweet, and priceless, and a treasure to me. Now though, she's a sweet priceless treasure who giggles and talks (at least she thinks so), and wriggles around in joy several times every day. She's a sweet priceless treasure that I can hardly wait to see every morning. She's a sweet priceless treasure that is more and more showing me what she likes and doesn't like, what she is and what she isn't. She's my sweet priceless treasure, and I am absolutely loving being her mom.


I've said it before, and I'm sure I'll say it again. I had no idea it would be this good.


* * *

And with that introduction, I give you some of our most recent Heather shots.


Entranced by the robot collection. One day, little girl, this will all be yours. (Unless you get a little brother at some point. If that happens, you might have to settle for your mom's collection of Trixie Belden Mysteries-all 100+ of them.)













Kami do you remember this blanket? You helped me make it.
Actually-Kristi (G, not B), didn't you make one using the same material?




























I know this one's blurry. I love it anyway. What an expression! Joy! Let's Party! Yippee!








That's my girl.

5 comments:

tash8 said...

She is so wonderful I really love reading your blog thanks for sharing.Tonia Ashdown

Charlotte said...

Tonia!

I'm so glad to hear from you. I hope all is well.

Nellie and Jason said...

I love those little pj's with the snowflakes, and ice skates on them...SO cute!

Kami Anderson said...

She is so darn cute! She has such a beautiful smile. Don't you love those Carter's pj's? I think they are so soft. I remember helping make that blanket. Who knew when we made it that one day you would use it for your own little sweetheart?

Harmony said...

Love the thoughts and the photos, especially the one with the robots. My 8-year-old left a birthday party the other day telling me he wanted a BB gun like his friend got. The mom quickly explained that the dad always helps and makes sure the kids shoot the guns safely. My response to my son was, "If you're daddy loved guns, I'm sure you could have gun. But since your daddy loves airplanes, you will probably won't get a gun." Thank goodness. I hope Heather loves Trixie Belden books, AND gets a brother who will almost certainly love robots!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...