Sunday, December 07, 2008

Baldy

My papa and two doctors who I thought had shaved their heads in a show of solidarity, but my brother tells me that they just happen to be naturally bald.


For those of you who haven't heard (and care to know), my father was diagnosed with Stage 1 non-Hodgkin's lymphoma a bit over a month ago. He's started chemotherapy, and the prognosis looks really good. It was hard news to get of course, but we're all pretty optimistic about the whole thing.



Anyway, on Saturday the local newspaper where my parents live did a feature article on my father, his cancer fight, and what he (with my mom's help) has generally contributed to the community over the past several years.



He is, as you might imagine, embarrassed about all the attention, and I am, as you might imagine, proud as punch.



If you're interested, you can read the article here.

7 comments:

Jake said...

The comment about the other two docs shaving their heads was tongue-in-cheek as both of them are already bald. I was happy to be mentioned in the article even if it wasn't specifically by name.

Harmony said...

That's a good article (not to mention the photos :-). Thanks for pointing it out to us. Your dad is a great man. So great that I tried to get in to see EJ in AF hoping he might be of the same caliber--unfortunately he wasn't accepting new patients. Jeff and I wish Dr. Coach a successful treatment, a quick recovery, and many more years of state cross country championships!

michellejohnnie said...

I'm sorry to hear about your father's diagnosis. I hope his treatments go well. Cancer stinks!!!

EmpireStateGreenway said...

I told my dad and he reminded me of the time that your dad saved his life. HE really credits your Dad for that and has told us on more that one occasion how much he respects your dad. Best wisheds to him for a speedy and complete recovery.

Kami Anderson said...

I had no idea about your Dad. Cancer is so awful. That was sure an awesome article about your Dad. You are lucky to have such a great Dad and he is lucky to have such an amazing daughter.

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

Great picture! You know, I went to your dad for my mission physical. He's such a neat man. I hope all goes well and that he get better fast!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your dad. As Harmony told you, my mom had that just after my dad died. We expected her to just give up, but she surprised us and kicked it good and has no cancer three years later. She is almost 91. Tell him to hang in there. He is a great guy.

Scott P.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...