Tuesday, December 30, 2008

2008 in review

Some (just some) of my favorite memories of 2008

(But just the memories. What that means is that this particular entry will be less peppered with the wordy explanations than perhaps you have come to expect on this site. Enjoy--but don't get used to it.)

(BTW-if you go here, you'll see that I did exactly the same thing last year. I wonder if I'll do it again at the end of 2009. I guess we'll just have to see.)


January-Going to our ward's annual Primary pancake breakfast in my pajamas and dragon slippers, and having all the children stare in awe and envy at my awesome footwear.

February-Calling Eric from work* after taking a pregnancy test that turned out to be positive and hearing his happiness. Then telling our parents, who were even more excited about it than we were.

March-Spending several glorious days in Alabama, being in the same house with Heidi again-having the time to really chat and laugh and play. Possibly my best birthday ever. (I tend to have awesome birthdays, so that's saying something).

April-Getting to the second trimester of pregnancy! Being able to eat again! Feeling human again! Having good health again!

May-Sitting on the San Francisco Ferry Pier, not waiting for the ferry, watching Eric feed exorbitantly priced cherries to the local seagulls.

June-Seeing friends I hadn't seen in months at the annual I&S campout. (No, I didn't camp out. I have a rule about camping while pregnant, and the rule is that I only do it for the Corry Reunion.)

July-Talking and giggling (I did all the giggling) with Eric in our new tent while the rain and wind raged outside at the Corry Reunion.

August-Going miniature golfing with my sister's kids as they came through town.

September-Sitting in my hospital room with Eric when they brought Heather up to us from the NICU**, twelve hours earlier than we thought that would be happening. It felt like Christmas morning.

October-Feeling an added measure of peace as I watched and listened to General Conference.

November-Participating in special family prayer (primarily on behalf of my father who had just been diagnosed with cancer) as we gathered for Heather's Baby Blessing.

December-Singing "Angels we Have Heard on High" at the rehearsal for our Ward Christmas Program, and feeling the Christmas Spirit in a way that I hadn't felt all year.



Another glorious year.
My cup runneth over and over and over.





*Yes, I took a pregnancy test at work. At the risk of providing TMI, basically I didn't think it would be positive, but there was a chance that it would be. So, I picked up a test on a lunchtime grocery run. I was pretty surprised, to say the least.


**I don't think I ever mentioned this here. Heather spent about 20 of her first 30 hours of life in the Newborn Intensive Care Unit due to a problem she had keeping blood sugar up to a safe level. She's been absolutely fine since then though.

2 comments:

Bamamoma said...

A glorious year indeed! We are humbled and honored to be included. That WAS a grand time. It is too bad that our lives are so hectic when we come to your neck of the woods because it really was so nice to just have time to hang out, chat, and laugh (still LOVE the laughing). Love you guys!

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

What a great year you had. It's good to look back and remember all the good things that happened. I don't think my memory is good enough anymore to do what you did though! lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...