Thursday, November 13, 2008

Enrique's take

I was going to write this out as a "conversation" post, but I just don't have the energy to do it. So, here's the quick and dirty version.

Sunday night, I informed Eric (who rarely checks here) that he should read the blog this week. He hemmed and hawed around a little bit, but then he did end up going to the blog. After reading what I wrote, he was a little bit embarrassed (as I expected him to be, which is part of the reason I'm even doing this. I love to make my Eric a little bit embarrassed). I told him that if he wanted, I could just post something the next day, saying that Eric preferred that I not write all these great things about him quite so publicly, and that since it was his birthday, I was going to honor that wish.

He thought about that for about a second, and then said that that wouldn't be necessary, that as long as the kinds of things I was writing were along the lines of what I'd already written, he wouldn't be too embarrassed. And then he said the clincher--my favorite Eric quote of the night. Are you ready? Here you go . . .

"Besides, the people who read your blog? They love this kind of crap!"

Yes dear readers, that's you. He's talking about you. Please don't lynch him. I love him, and I really don't know that I can do without him.

Besides, it's his birthday.

4 comments:

Kami Anderson said...

Well Charlotte, I'm afraid it's true. We do love this kind of crap.

michellejohnnie said...

Crap is awesome! Crap rocks! I like crap!

Amanda said...

That is funny. And so true.

Jake said...

I miss Eric.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...