Sunday, November 09, 2008

Cheesy but Fun

One week from today is my Eric's birthday.

Since I'm not doing birthday poems anymore, I've decided to try something else here to commemorate this auspicious event.

As you may remember, I have a gratitude book in which I write a little line or two every day (or as close to every day as I can get). What you don't know is that I also have a specific "Eric Gratitude Book", which I write in every day as well. I started doing this when Eric and I got engaged. Someone told me way back then that I should be certain to notice all the things that Eric did and was that I enjoyed, and strive to focus on them throughout our engagement and married life. They warned me that after marriage, it was far easier to let little annoyances creep in, and if I would focus on the fabulous (my words, not hers), that both Eric and I would be happier, and our marriage would be better.

So, I did. One way I implemented that advice is that I started writing a bit in this book each night. Now, nearly two years later, I've almost filled up one book. Sometimes I go back and read some of the entries. That's pretty fun, let me tell you.

Oops-Eric just came downstairs and wants to use the computer, so I'm going to end this and let him get on.

So anyway, in commemoration of Eric birthday week, each day between now and Sunday I'm going to write one of the (less personal) entries from the Eric Gratitude Book. Each entry will have a separate blog post (meaning that they will be separate from the other posts of the week), so if you aren't interested in knowing all that I love about my Eric, you should be able to skip them without too much trouble.

And with that, here is the first . . .

#290: I love how handy Eric is. Last night we went out to Lowe's to use our gift cards there. Eric bought a cool set of pliers and a cordless drill-and he was very excited about all of it.
--June 6, 2007

1 comment:

Ryan + Angie said...

I love this idea. I think I may start one of my own. I also loved your dream book. I want to make one of those too...now to find the time to follow through. :) Thanks for the constant inspiration.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...