Thursday, October 23, 2008

further proof that dreams do come true

So, a few nights ago, I was in need of a little encouragement, and so before bed, I looked through the Dream Books--both the one that I created a few months before I started dating Eric, and the one that Eric and I put together shortly after we were married. Most of the time, these books just sit on a shelf in our bedroom, looking nice and reminding us of the blessings that we experience now and the joys that await us in the future. However, from time to time, one of us (usually me) will take them down and look through them.



Interestingly, as I thumbed through the book that I did by myself, I saw a picture that I had nearly forgotten about--a picture that looked quite familiar to me now. Past the picture of the silly woman hula hooping, past the picture of the couple sharing a great afternoon playing together in a canoe (no, Eric and I do not own a canoe or a hula hoop--but Eric and I have spent and continue to spend many great afternoons playing together, and I often spend time doing things that are every bit as silly as hula hooping), past the picture of the couple outside of the LDS temple.



Past all of those photos, you come to a photo of a small infant, lying peacefully asleep. A photo that has been flashing through my mind off and on ever since September 16. A photo that I couldn't remember where I had seen it before until I looked through the Dream Book.

A photo that, to my eyes, looks uncannily like this one:

And that's all I have to say about that just now.

5 comments:

michellejohnnie said...

Don't you just love it when the babies sleep like we want them to - most of the night, some naps during the day and falls to sleep easily. Too bad that doesn't happen as often as I want!!!

Laura said...

Perfect baby.

Kami Anderson said...

Dreams really do come true!

Jared Farish said...

I haven't yet told you congratulations on your beautiful Heather! She is wonderful, and I'm glad she brings joy into your life.

Darla said...

Thank you Charlotte! Once again you have reminded me of the dream book...I better get busy and get myself together. Perhaps my life won't change until I do!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...