Friday, September 19, 2008

We decided to name her Heather

She's here!
Born earlier this week, weighing in at 7 pounds 10 ounces, and 19 1/2 inches long.





I trust that you will forgive me, and recognize that I'm just a helplessly devoted new mother when I say that she is unequivocally the most beautiful baby that I have ever seen.


Everything went quite well, and we just recently returned from the hospital. There is so much I could write about how great, humbling, and indescribably beautiful the last few days have been, but I'm a little on the exhausted side, and I want to wait until the feelings settle down a bit so that I have a more clear feeling of what is and is not appropriate to share with the world. So, for now, I'll just post a few pictures of our little angel.



Thanks to all of you who were praying for us and thinking of us. I am positive that those prayers made a difference for all three of us.






She has the dearest smile. I wish you could all see it in person.


Soon after she was born, (while I was still recovering and hadn't seen her for more than 30 seconds), Eric told me that they had given her the award for "Cutest Baby in the Nursery". We were both feeling quite proud of ourselves until we noticed that every other baby had received the same award. That's as it should be though, right? I mean, what kind of hospital would have a beauty pageant in the nursery? I don't know if I can think of a worse idea.










The new and (vastly) improved Eric & Charlotte Cantwell Family
And this last one is just for fun. I like to think that she's preparing for a life of singing here.

And that's the big news from these parts. I'll post again at some point, probably when I've caught up on my sleep.

(so it might be a year or two)

(just kidding)

(kidding about the not posting for a year or two, not about the getting caught up on sleep anytime soon)

(okay-really, this is the end of this post.)

-cc

22 comments:

Bamamoma said...

oh Char, she is just beautiful! Eden is crying because she wants to type a message to her newly arrived BFF so here goes:
a HJJKHHIKJH BAAZ3 J2ZZZZZZ

dailydaph said...

AWWWW! What a pretty little thing! Glad you decided on a name (and glad it wasn't any of Eric's weird ones).

We are so excited for you guys and want to know it all ASAP. However, we also want you to:

1. get some rest
2. get to know Heather

So take your time with getting out the details.

Mary Ann said...

Hey Charlotte, this is Mary Ann (Beckstrand) Murray. Thank you for including a link to your blog on the email for Corry News. I was unaware there were so many of us with blogs.
Congrats on your beautiful baby! Good Luck with the joys of parenting!

amy greenway said...

She's SOOOOO sweet! I wish I could hold her. I love her cute little chubber cheeks and every little bit of her. Good work!

This afternoon I took the kids to the book store and let each of them get a book. Nate chose a book and said it was funny. I read their books to them tonight and it was VERY funny. The humor was right up Eric's alley so I'll be sending a copy soon. I'm sure Heather will chuckle all the way through it...in about 2 years. :)

love you!

Tasha said...

Charlotte - she is BEAUTIFUL!!! I resisted the temptation to run over and ask your dad about her - I was convinced he would think I'm completely nuts.

Good luck on the sleep, getting nights and days worked out and having the best time of your life with your adorable little girl.

michellejohnnie said...

Congrads on the having a beautiful, angelic baby. Her cheeks are so cute and you got a picture of her smiling! At birth, that is amazing. I don't even think she looks like a newborn because her skin looks so good. We are thrilled for you!!!

Kami Anderson said...

She is absolutely beautiful. I can't believe the picture of her smiling. She is so cute!!! I'm so glad that everything went okay and that you are both home. Try to get some rest and if you need anything let me know. I'm so excited for you!!!!

banana said...

Dearest FAmily,

This is thrilling, thank you so much for being capable and wonderful enough to share-

Happiness,
L Huber

Jodi said...

Wow! So beautiful!!! She is really perfect and you look great too. I am so happy for you. I promise the coming hours, days, nights, weeks, and months will fly by. Enjoy every moment (sleep deprived and all). Heavenly Father will expand your capacity to care for her and yourself. Pretty soon everything will be working like clockwork.

Amanda said...

Very beautiful!!! I am so glad to see the pics... I have been checking multiple times each day to find out... :)

The pic with you holding her gives a little perspective! How small newborns are!!! (Thank goodness, considering where they have been for 9 months.)

The first couple or three weeks were the hardest for me. It will pass, though. I promise! Meanwhile just stare and adore and love her!

Janet S. said...

Charlotte & Eric, I've been checking your blog through Tasha's and awaiting the big day. We are so happy for you!! She's absolutely beautiful and will bring much joy to you for decades to come. I'll forward this to Mercy and make her day too. BTW, we have 10 grandsons who will be looking for someone perfect as her in 20 years!!! Congratulations!! Janet Seegmiller

Jake said...

She really is pretty cute Char (I'd tell you if she wasn't). Those Cantwells must make beautiful babies, because to my memory not a lot of the Corry babies have been cute until at least a week has passed.

Melissa said...

She is precious and so adorable. You two look great. Jessi says she wants to hold the "cute little princess baby". In a year I guess. Lots of Love!!

Jenna Marie said...

Such a cutie! :) I'm so happy for you guys! Congrats!

Porters said...

I only know you through your blog, and that you are Heidi's really great friend, but I wanted to congratulate you on your new arrival. What a blessing babies/children are, and as much as you think you believe that before you are a parent the more you understand it after you become a guardian for these special spirits. Life will be fuller. Enjoy all these precious stages of her life, they go all to quickly.

Hope you get some sleep.

Congratulations again!

Harmony said...

That looks like opera, not just a life of singing! She is beautiful Charlotte. Congratulations. I'm glad she arrived safely, and I wish you a quick recovery and adjustment to the new schedule. :-) I'm glad you went with Heather, by the way. That and Sarah were my top votes.

Jeri said...

Welcome home. I've been ANXIOUSLY waiting for this post. She is so sweet!I am SO SO SO SO SO (to infinity)HAPPY FOR YOU!

Laura said...

Charlotte,
she is BEAUTIFUL.
(And you look good yourself missy)

Darla said...

I add my good wishes...it is hard not to know every detail, but for now it is enough that you are both safe and healthy. She is so alert and looks beautiful. Congratulations to you all!

melissa c said...

she is so beautiful!!!!!

D-dawg said...

OH! Congratulations! She's beautiful. I hope you're feeling good!

Liz said...

Congratulations! I have been checking your post for the past few days to see if you had a picture of her. And just as everyone else says, she is absolutely beautiful! I'm glad things went well. I'm so happy for you and Eric!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...