Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Heaven Help Me

I got four hours of sleep between the hours of 10:00 p.m. last night and 10:00 a.m. this morning.


Heather sleeps great during the day, but I've never been one to be able to take naps so much.


I've done better on that over the past two weeks, but I haven't been able to manage one today yet.


Good times.
It's a good thing she's a cutie.
(I'm nearly tempted to try a bit of caffeine again)

UPDATE: 6:02 p.m. I was just able to get a nap for nearly 90 minutes, and I'm feeling much much better now. Whew!

5 comments:

Bamamoma said...

I think it is time to call Aunt Dorthea. Seriously, you need to just let those who want to help (I know you know that). Naps are hard when you are used to them. Don't go with the caffeine, not only is it bad for you, it is bad for your milk. One of the reasons I have a hard time napping in the day is that I hate the idea of being jolted awake before I'm ready. That is where Aunt Dorthea comes in. If she is with Heather you can take a nap knowing that it will end when YOU want it to. My two cents any way...

Bamamoma said...

that was supposed to say "naps are hard when you are NOT used to them." silly me, I must be sleep deprived or something...

Jeri said...

I feel your pain. I was up literally every 1/2 hour from 11pm - until 3:30 am last night, then up again at 6am, 6:40, and up for good at 7:30. I am DRAGGING today!

I hope you get her schedule changed around soon. (or learn to take POWER naps)

Harmony said...

Yeah, caffeine is a bad idea. Do that and she'll be awake all night AND all day. :-)

Jodi said...

Amen to what Heidi said. Just do it! You will thank yourself later. You look so sweet and peaceful with your baby girl.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...