Laura, again offering some help for my bloggers block, tagged me to write 6 unspectacular (otherwise known as quirky) personal qualities about myself. Since there is really probably no end to the amount of quirky qualities I possess and exhibit, I don't expect this to be all that hard. Nay fair readers, I expect it to be easy AND fun. What could be better?
So, here we go.
1. I love to go to certain restaurants/eateries when I'm out of town. If the same restaurant should come to my area however, I will nearly immediately change my loyalties to another place. Case in point: Years ago I developed the habit of stopping in Provo (a city about midway between the home I have now and the home that I grew up in) every time I was en route to Cedar City. I would drive to Cafe Rio, order two tacos, and live the next 20 minutes in Mexican Food heaven before getting back on the road. But no more! We now have our own Cafe Rio right here in Cache Valley. And guess what? I can't remember the last time I ate there. (I'm secretly hoping that no one opens a P.F. Chang here anytime soon. It would be a shame for me to stop getting those lettuce wraps.)
2. When driving across town, I avoid Main Street like the plague. Eric and I have "raced" from different places to our house, him taking Main and me taking the back roads, and he always wins. Still, I persist in thinking my back roads routes are better.
3. Every time I take a drink of anything, I do that little "Aaahhh" (pronounced so that it rhymes with "hat" not "law") sigh. I do it unconsciously most of the time, but Eric recently informed me that I even do it when I drink my middle-of-the-night-ice-water-swallows. Since he told me that I've been paying more attention. I had no idea I was such a noisy drinker.
4. Whenever I see someone smoking pipe tobacco, I will try to park myself as closely as I can to them (without being too conspicuous) so that I can sit and breathe in the aroma. I love the smell of pipe tobacco. If the pipe smoker is moving, I will try to follow them around as much as I can for as long as I can without getting caught.
5. I only listen to my mp3 player when I am exercising or cleaning. The only exception to this is if I'm traveling and I expect to have trouble sleeping, I'll sometimes bring it along. I have one of those "ambient music for sleep" CDs loaded on the player. It usually doesn't work though, because my ears get sore if I keep the ear buds in there too long.
6. Quite frequently, my entire meal (either dinner or lunch) will consist of a banana with peanut butter, and a glass of milk. Apples with peanut butter are great as well, but they're so juicy that it gets a little messy sometimes.
And there it is, further quirky Charlotte traits. Now, for the rules of this particular tag:
1. Link the person who tagged you (done!)
2. Mention the rules on your blog. (done!)
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours (done!)
4. Tag 6 fellow bloggers by linking them (not done yet)
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger's blogs letting them know they've been tagged (not done yet)
I tag Heidi, Missy, Lyn, Loren, Jeri, and Jodi.
Spread the Quirky-ness!!!