Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Charlotte Beckinsdale

Yesterday morning on my way to work, I got thinking about Annie Lennox.



I suppose the reason I got thinking about her was because I was listening to one of her songs. It's a cover of "I Don't Want to Wait in Vain for your Love", and you can listen to it by clicking here. (It's only three minutes long. You can spare 3 minutes, can't you?)(Don't mind the Spanish Dialogue--the song is in English).



This scene is one of my all time favorite movie scenes. I especially love the music background as Kate Beckinsdale is taking the ferry to her home. I love it so much that when Eric and I went to San Francisco last May, I convinced him that we absolutely had to take the ferry while we were there. I had visions of standing at the front of the boat, feeling beautiful and free with my hair tucked into a jaunty little cap, with the wind blowing all around me, while Eric gazed in unbelief and admiration at the gorgeous woman he married. Unfortunately, I forgot to pack a jaunty cap, and the day that we had chosen to do it turned out to be one of my more queasy days, and so we never made it on the ferry. Instead, I contented myself with sitting on the pier and watching Eric feed cherries to the local seagulls. It was okay. There was a time when not being able to do this silly activity would have ruined my whole trip, and by extension my whole life. But, I think I've grown up a bit since then.



However, we will definitely have to go back to San Francisco before we die.



And, I'll definitely pack a jaunty cap this time.



And, we'll definitely choose to go at a time when no one is pregnant.



There are other songs sung by Annie Lennox that have quirky memories for me--memories that are really insignificant, and so I can't really understand why they persist in staying in my brain when there are so many other (more significant) memories that fly right out. But, that is a post for another day.





As far as news goes, we had a minor pregnancy incident over the weekend, and now I am not permitted to lift anything over ten pounds. It has been a shock to me to find out how many over-10-pounds items I lift as part of my everyday life. Poor Eric has been doing more than his share of packing things around for me, and I feel silly having him do it. But, it's all good. For those of you who are concerned, the incident really was very minor (and I'm not all that excited to post the details on cyberspace), and everything still looks just fine for the planned C-Section on or around September 12.



Remember when I used to be a little (or a lot) panicked about all this? Now I'm starting to get pretty darn excited.



:)



-cc

8 comments:

Melissa said...

Is that movie scene from Serendipity?

At my first doctor's appointment they told me I couldn't lift anything over 25 lbs, and then they looked over at Kristian and said, "we realize you will have to make an exception for him but try to keep it to when it is only necessary". Too funny :)

Jeri said...

Glad everything is still ok. Isn't it fun to imagine that in just one more month... you'll have a little bundle of love in your house. I'm so excited to hear all about it... these next few weeks of light duty are good practice for you and Eric, since after a C-section you won't be lifting for a while. OUCH!

Laura said...

You are much like my sister.
She loves to throw the word "jaunty" around as well.
(Good update on your little one.)

Charlotte said...

Melissa,

Serendipity it is!

-cc

Jake said...

Little bundle of love huh Jeri? Other people certainly look at babies different than I do. I never imagined love could be so incredibly noisy at 3 AM until I had a bundle of my own.

Though I'm sure yours will be wonderful Char. I'm just dreading March and April.

Kami Anderson said...

I'm so glad everything is okay. Just think you are going to be a mom in a little over a month!! I'm so excited for you.

Melissa said...

You would think the way my husband talks that every one of our kids was an accident and not planned to the percise month. I think he just wants to get to 5 so he has an excuse to buy an SUV :)

Denae (aka D-dawg) said...

Oh I'm so excited for you! Sept 12th is SOON!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...