Monday, July 14, 2008

Serta Never Felt So Good

The Corry Reunion is over for another year. It was glorious as usual, with lots of funny moments, and lots of memories, and lots of beauty, and lots of catching up with people I don't really see any other time. I'll probably write more later, so you can watch for that (Jacob, I'm planning to write an in-depth play-by-play, which I'll send to you via e-mail).


As great as the reunion was, Eric and I were relieved to be sleeping in our own bed last night. For the first time that I can remember, the futon mattress (that I've been sleeping on every time I've gone camping since 1999 or so) just didn't cut it this time. I'm hoping that's a pregnancy thing, and not an I'm-getting-so-old-that-I-just-can't-'rough it'-like-I-used-to thing.


I'll let you know next year.


Unless we get the trailer next year*. If that happens, I'll let you know in 2010.




Oh-one more thing--if you haven't voted in the final "what should our baby be named" vote yet, you just have a little over a day to do so. Head on over to the sidebar and let your voice be heard!


*Several years ago my parents bought a used trailer that they take up to the mountain and set up, specifically for the Corry Reunion every year (my parents are saints). Following a similar tradition set up by my grandparents when I was a kid, the family that has the most recently born baby is given the luxury of staying in the trailer that year. So, we might get it next year. I'm not holding my breath though. With four brothers and one sister, all in the "young family" mode, it's somewhat unlikely that our nine-month old baby will be the youngest in the family come next July (This year we had a ten-month old and a six-month old. Last year we had a seven-month old, a five-month old, and a three-month old.)


7 comments:

Bamamoma said...

The Futon is very sad and ashamed to have failed you. The Serta is pleased to be so appreciated.

Kami Anderson said...

I'm impressed you went camping while pregnant. Way to go!!

Jake said...

I'm hoping you have a whole bunch more pictures that you are going to be putting online sometime.

Charlotte said...

Jake-

Naturally! Watch for a snapfish e-mail later this week. (probably)

Charlotte said...

Oh--(also to Jake)

And check out the Corry Pictures (private) site. I've posted a slide show of the work project there.

Tasha said...

I think being pregnant definitely had something to do with it. If you are like me it just means it's time to invest in a more supportive sleeping surface - invest in a really good air mattress or some quality cots. You will be so happy and so will your back :)

Harmony said...

If I had voted, which I didn't, I would have voted for Sarah (with Christy coming in a close second).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...