Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Happy Birthday to Phil


Today is the birthday of my close personal friend, Phil Kesler.



And here is his birthday limerick:



I met him while checking out his house,
(well, okay, it was his apartment, not his house. We were looking to move, and we liked the complex he lived in. We eventually moved two doors down, where we stayed for seven (I think) glorious years.)
With my friend who would (later) become his spouse.
He's kind and quite smart,
He's funny and knows art*
And he sings even better than Strauss.
(Did Strauss sing? Or was he just a composer?)




*I wanted to write, "and pretty funny to boot" here, but the only thing I could think of to rhyme with boot was suit, and I didn't think it would be all that great for me, another man's wife, to be commenting on any kind of a suit belonging to the husband of one of my best friends. Phil does know quite a bit about art though. So, the rhyme isn't all that witty, but it's truthful and not inappropriate. Sometimes that's the best we can do.




Happy Birthday Phi-leep-ay.






(Eric says Happy Birthday too.)
(But surprisingly, he didn't write a limerick for the occasion.)
(Shocking, I know.)

1 comment:

Laura said...

Happy B-day Phil and thanks for the advertisement Charlotte.!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...