Tuesday, July 01, 2008

ABC's and Me

I was tagged by Laura to write this out. It's a bit long, so if you don't want to read it all, I promise not to be offended.

Of course, you probably won't do as well on the "just a little bit of quirky-ness" final exam that we'll be having in a month, but you know, it's your choice. I trust you and know that you will make the right decision.

(I'm practicing up for my "guilt trip mom" days. What do you think? Have I got it down yet?)

A is for age: 37 and almost a 1/2

B is for burger of choice: I'm not a big restaurant burger fan, but I do like them homemade and home grilled in the backyard. Adding a slice of cheese and toasting the bun makes it even better. Oh, and I discovered the joy of grilled onions this summer as well. Mmmm-mmmm.


C is for what kind of car you drive: A 2000 RAV4. I love it. C is also for your favorite past vehicle: a Dodge Colt. I loved it so much that I've already blogged about it. You can read about it here.

D is for your dog's name: We had a dog briefly when I was about seven. His name was Chumper, which, oddly enough was the name of a kid we had met the year before while living in Columbus Georgia. I don't remember the kid very well (except that I think he had blond hair), but I sure loved that dog.

E is for essential item you use everyday: CD Player/radio

F is for favorite TV show at the moment: (Don't laugh) Avatar: The Last Airbender. Eric got me hooked on this. We get the DVDs from Netflix and watch them. Then we lend them to one of the neighbor boys in Eric's Priest's Quorum and he watches them too. We've seen everything they've put out, and are anxiously waiting for more.

G is for favorite game: Card game- Sixes. To watch? Hockey-but only in person. To play? Volleyball, but only if no one cares who wins.


H is for Home State: Utah

I is for instruments you play: Depending on how you define "play", Piano and Clarinet

J is for favorite juice: Agua de Melon (Fresh Cantaloupe juice), the kind you can get at hole-in-the-wall-taco-restaurants.

K is for whose butt you'd like to kick: Organizations that make obscene amounts of money selling diabetes management supplies, while behind the scenes impeding efforts to find a cure. (Not all diabetic supply companies do this, but there are those who do)

L is for last restaurant at which you ate? Blackstone Restaurant

M is for your favorite Muppet: Snuffleupagus

N is for Number of Piercing: One hole in each ear. (I had to wait until the end of my eighth grade year to get them, and then only because I made a deal with my parents that if I stayed on the Honor Society for all three Middle School Years that they would allow it.)

O is for overnight hospital stays: None so far.

P is for people you were with today: Opera people (at work), Eric (at home), a fellow freecycler who offered me an umbrella stroller.

Q is for what you do with your quiet time: Sleep, crochet, read, blog

R is for biggest regret: That I didn't stand up for the girl that rode the school bus with me to middle school. Many of the kids teased her cruelly and relentlessly, and I was too cowardly to do a single thing about it. I was more shy and insecure back then than I am now, and they probably would have been cruel to me too. Still, I think I could have withstood it, and we both would have been better off.


S is for status: When do you stop being a newlywed? I've been googly-eyed married for just a little over a year.


T is for time you woke up today: Seven o'clock.

U is for what you consider unique about yourself: I have an interesting eye color. My eyes are a brownish amberish color around my pupils, and then they turn green as you move outward. That doesn't really fit on a drivers license though, so I just say "Hazel". They were a beautiful shade of brown when I was little, and I'm kind of bummed that they didn't stay that way.


V is for vegetable you love: Summer (Crookneck) Squash

W is for worst habit: Worrying/stewing/obsessing about things over which I have no control.

X is for x-rays you've had: Dental, Ankle, Femur, Skull (that one was technically an MRI)

Y is for yummy food you ate today: Fresh strawberries (not chocolate-dipped, thank you very much).

Z is for zodiac: Pisces.


I tag Heidi, Amanda, and Eric. There's no way Eric will do it, but I get a kick out of thinking about something like this on his manly robot blog.







3 comments:

Laura said...

I knew you wouldn't leave me hanging....
I had to wait until I was 14 to have my ears pierced too!!!

I love that wedding picture- so very cute and coy.

Fun to read post.

Tonya said...

That was a great Meme and yes, you have the guilt trip well at hand because I read every last word.

michellejohnnie said...

Charlotte,

I've read some of your blog. Wow! You are an expert at this stuff. I have no idea how to do half of what you have done. thanks for leaving a comment. (I rarely leave comments!!!) Just a note about the hospital. We brought our laptop which will pick up the internet at the hospital. However, we can't get any pictures to download or to post. Chris had to go to our house to do that. You will have time to write entries, but posting pictures here is difficult.
good luck to you!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...