Saturday, May 10, 2008

The best moment of my day so far

Today Eric and I went to the temple. As is generally the case on Saturday mornings in May (or June, or December, or pretty much any other month), the grounds were packed with brides and grooms and wedding guests. As we threaded our way through the different groups of people milling around, we walked past a young girl (probably four years old or so) who had picked herself a small bouquet of dandelions. As Eric & I passed her, she said (kind of loudly), "Hey!" We stopped, and she marched over to us, removing one of the dandelions from her bouquet and giving it to me. I thanked her, and she nodded to us. Then we went on our way.


How cute is that?


Pretty darn cute, if you ask me.


8 comments:

Heidi said...

Dang cute indeed! Doesn't it just make you daydream of all those moments when little Jug picks flowers and brings them to you?

We've been waiting patiently for our irises to bloom (the last in the neighborhood). They finally did. Well, last week Kendal and Erin picked them all and stuffed them in our neighbors mailbox. At first I was a little bugged but then I thought about the nice surprise that would be waiting for the mailman and I couldn't help but smile. New irises have since bloomed so I didn't get cheated after all.

Thanks for sharing your little piece of happiness!

Tasha said...

Way too cute, only to be topped by the massive amounts of these bouquets heading your way with Jr. Corry coming into your life.

Tasha said...

Meant Cantwell, but hey, Corry Cantwell...not a bad name - you could throw in Jr to add prestige because I hear the Jr does that.

Charlotte said...

Tasha,

Is is bad that I didn't even notice? Old habits die hard I guess.

Harmony said...

Yes, that was cute, but when you spend hours digging them out of your lawn, even paying the kids a nickel for each one they dig out of the lawn... well, those darn little flowers don't seem so cute when they are infesting your yard. We filled half of a large garbage can with their carcasses last week...

I like the sound of Corry Cantwell too, for a boy or a girl (if you can stand names that work for either gender). You certainly don't need to use it to carry on the Corry name, thanks to your brothers, but I still think it's cute.

Tonya said...

Just wait until that beautiful flower comes from your own child. Even better :o)

melissa c said...

That is adorable but aren't dandy lions adorable in their own right? Is no yard complete without them? I have decided I want to grow hundreds, and I am at this very moment.

I love that they don't take much work to keep in bloom and will grow in all weather!

They are the happiest little flower out there and they thrive in any condition! Something we could learn from huh?

Laura said...

I am intrigued by Melissa's quest to grow dandelions! It's actually a fun idea...yellow flowers are definitely happy flowers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...