Tuesday, April 22, 2008

a lucky girl, and bad kids (probably not what you think)

Warning: This entry is a little more on the sappy side than some of what I usually post.



Things are good with us. I was able to spend some time with my parents, some of my siblings, and seven of our nieces & nephews over the weekend, which was a real treat. Eric didn't come with me this time (we're saving his vacation days for our San Fran trip next month), and I missed him, but I was still able to have a super great time. The drive from Northern to Southern Utah is a bit longer and more painful when I'm 4 months pregnant (my back was killing me about half-way into the trek both times), but it was well worth it. I'm fortunate to have a job where I have a fair amount of flexibility and I can take a day or two off here or there for a quick trip. I'm a lucky girl that way.



Otherwise, things are pretty much the same as ever for us. Eric has his last day of class tomorrow, and so we're both excited about that, but he is especially excited. I don't blame him. Lately that guy's been running from one thing to another so much that he hardly has time to catch a breath. I'm proud of him, and I still feel so blessed that we found each other and are married. Another way that I'm a lucky girl I guess.



I'll end this entry with one quote from one of my sweet nieces from a week or so ago:



A bunch of us went ice skating on the 12th of April to celebrate the third birthday of one of my nieces. With a few exceptions, we're not an incredibly talented bunch of ice skaters, and unfortunately, there were several people (primarily kids) who were sharing the ice with us and were incredibly talented skaters. The comparison was pointed out to us by four-year-old MaKell, who, as she was clutching the wall with one hand, and her mother's fingers with her other, remarked with the kind of honesty that only a four year old can have,



"Looks like the kids we know are all bad."



It wouldn't be nearly as funny if it wasn't absolutely true.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...