Tuesday, February 05, 2008

So, (just out of curiosity), is there a cash award with this?




Laura, blog author of Catholic Teacher Musings awarded me my first (and probably my last) blog award last week. I'm flattered and honored, particularly because I enjoy Laura's blog so much.



Anyway, as a recipient of this award, I now have the opportunity to pass it on to 10 other deserving bloggers. I've struggled with this task (while trying not to take it too seriously--these aren't the nobel prizes after all), because I enjoy reading several different blogs for varying reasons. However, after more deliberation than might have been warranted, and in no particular order, here are the honorees:


Jacob & Melissa, because nepotism is alive and well here at just a little bit of quirky-ness.

Jean, because I like her pictures (and she has the same name as my grandmother)(I don't think Jean has any idea that I read her blog).

Amanda, because of her "letters to no one" posts.

Laura, because I like the way she sees the world.

Tonya, because her "about me" section is one of my all-time favorites.

Becky, because she exhibits joy and exuberance as only a senior in high school can.


Heidi, because her daughter is just so darn cute.


Xiombarg, because really, who doesn't want to read a whole bunch of robot reviews?


Melissa, because the way she portrays herself on her blog is exactly the way I see her in real life.


Adam & Amy, because every other post there is yet another description of quirky family fun.



Okay-so dear recipients, it is currently your turn to pass this honor on to 10 blogs you think deserve recognition as well.



Now, just for fun, here are some of my favorite posts from our honorees:



I'll be happy when . . . at We are Corrys (Jacob & Melissa)


Does this ever happen at your dinner table? at Rayford's Crossing (Jean)


Letters to no one at The Adventures of Mama and Papa Hood (Amanda)


Lasting Moments at Catholic Teacher Musings (Laura)


Blessed Beyond Measure at The Sweet Life (Tonya)


First Week of School Jazz at Whoa. Deja-vu (Becky)


Then and Now at Musings and Mysteries (Heidi)


Dancouga Nova at Mecha Head (Xiombarg)


My Piano at My days and dreams (Melissa)


Please Mom, I'm trying to Eat Here! at Bluegrass Greenway (Adam & Amy)

5 comments:

Laura said...

You were the kid in my class who, no matter how great I thought I did on my project, you did a few things just a little better and I would think "just wait til next time." I'll show that Charlotte.
:)
Great idea to add a link of a post...thank you for the return honor...It's like peer reviews at work. I like it.
A little blog love goes a long way.

Jean said...

how very kind of you! and I lurk around your blog now and then myself. I appreciate the skill of good writing which is why I enjoy your blog - and which is why I don't write but photograph instead. I prefer to "write" my memories through photos.

thanks for the encouragement and I agree with laura; a little blog love goes a long way. (laura's youngest sister and I were buddies as kids and her oldest sister and I are sisters-in-law. so I guess we're sort of related in a far-removed kind of way.)

keep the memories coming! they're great.

Jake said...

I'm quite sure I don't read 10 blogs so I'm gonna leave the award passing onto Melissa. I feel just like Patrick Knight except instead of receiving a job from my father its an award from my sister.

Not too sure how many of your faithful blog readers will understand that reference, but you can always google the guy.

Tonya said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you, I really appreciate this award. Not that I think I really deserve it but I appreciate it just the same.

I promise that I'll get around to posting it on my blog and paying it forward it as soon as I can but I'm a bit behind with just about everything so if you don't see it for a little while, don't think I have forgotten. Again, thank you so much!! You are too kind indeed.

P.S. That was so sweet that you linked to a post that you liked. Great idea.

Cramster said...

Awesome! Thanks for the award! I agree with Laura - a little blog love goes a long way.

Now, for my acceptance speech...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...