Thursday, February 14, 2008

Yet Another Chapter in the Thrilling Lives of Charlotte and Eric

Here's a little of what we've been up to lately:

Tonight we're not doing much for Valentine's Day. The fact is, we're still pretty cheesy and romantic most days, so we basically decided to forgo the pressure of having to take it up a notch for one day. Besides, tomorrow we're headed for our little "we didn't gain any weight over the holidays" reward trip, and so we're saving our pennies to splurge there.

I am contemplating the purchase of a "Roger's Special" hoagie (Eric's favorite) for dinner, which (if I do it) we will briefly enjoy by candlelight with Martinelli's Sparkling Cider. After that romantic meal, Eric will dash madly to his evening class, where he will continue to learn about the growing field of employment opportunities for dashing young graphic designers such as himself.

Actually, I suppose that's more of what we will be up to, rather than what we've been up to lately. So, here's what we've been up to lately:

Last Saturday, Eric's mom started what may be the long process of teaching me how to tat. It took a while for me to get the hang of it, but I can definitely see improvement. We'll have another lesson on Monday, probably.



This is a treat for me because I've always wanted to tat. It's so dainty and pretty, don't you think? Also, it's kind of a dying art, and I like the thought of doing my part to keep it alive. Most importantly though, I like the thought of teaching my daughters and granddaughters to tat, and being part of the family tatting chain.

(Get it? The family tatting chain? Do I have a knack for wording or what???)







And as far as what Eric's been up to lately? Computer stuff. We bought a software upgrade, which necessitated getting a Windows upgrade, which necessitated getting more RAM, a new graphics card, and reloading all the software. Poor guy. He's been spending his life in the computer room this week. At least he has lots of robot friends there to keep him company.







Happy Valentines Day to you all,



-char

4 comments:

Tonya said...

Sounds like a wonderful Valentines day to me.

It's great that you are learning how to tat. I don't even know what that is so you are WAY ahead of me. I just think it's neat to that you will having something to pass down the chain of posterity.

Have fun on your well earned trip!

Bamamoma said...

Tatting is cool. My SIL - Belinda does it. You may have to become my tatting mentor.

Did you paint the blue-computer-robot-man room? The walls look white in that picture.

Charlotte said...

They do look white, don't they? But, they're still that same old blue.

Loren said...

Dear Charlotte & Eric,
I was sorry to read about your computer and Eric. If you hadn't already spent the money for the new stuff for your machine, I'd recommend that you look into getting a Macintosh. :)

It will also really help with those "winter blahs" and free up Eric. But then again- owning a Macintosh may cause conflict over who gets to use it next (insert childhood flashback here of waiting in line to use the Atari 2600).

Ask Phil & Heidi- they'd know better than I. ;) -Loren

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...