Wednesday, January 30, 2008

New Loves

I recently discovered a new TV show that I love, and a new song that I love. How fun is that?


The "new" TV show is called Christy , and I watch it on DVD. I can hardly believe that I did not find this show earlier. It aired in 1994 and 1995, which was when I was in grad school, which might explain it, but still!

Anyway, I stumbled upon it at my library two weeks ago, and within two episodes, I was totally hooked. It has a Little House on the Prairie feel to it, with a little bit of Anne of Green Gables thrown in as well. The title character is played by Kellie Martin, who I have liked ever since she played Corky Thatcher's sister on Life Goes On. Of course, it doesn't hurt that I fell in love with all the characters at age thirteen or so when I read the book upon which the TV show is based (Catherine Marshall's book by the same name).


The song is "God Bless the Broken Road", most prominently sung by Rascal Flats. My brother (Jacob) recommended that I learn this song for our next campfire sing-along (next July--he gets his requests in early, wouldn't you say?), and once I'd heard it a couple of times on YouTube, I splurged and bought a copy for myself. I'm not much of a country music kind of girl, so I chose the version sung by the Christian group (Selah) over the Rascal Flats or Carrie Underwood versions.


Actually, I'm not really much of a Christian Music kind of girl either, come to that. In fact, to be honest, I can't say that I'm exactly sure what kind of a music-genre girl I am.


That's probably a topic for another day though.



Happy Wednesday,



-cc





1 comment:

Bamamoma said...

I TOTALLY remember Christy (the series and the book) and was so disappointed when it was canceled and Kelly Martin went on to be in ER. I'll have to see if our library has it. I'll have to check out the song on YouTube.

...but Carrie Underwood has such pretty hair!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...