Thursday, January 03, 2008

factories and potions

So, it's Thursday, and all is well. I have a few minutes and so I thought I'd write a quick note here.

The big news of the week is that our humidifier died a few days ago. I've learned that I do much better at fighting off the winter gunk if I sleep with a humidifier at night. So, owning a broken humidifier just wasn't an option for us, and I purchased a new one within a day of the demise of the old one. It's been good, but a bit of an adjustment. The new one makes a sound that is different from the old one, and it's slightly louder as well. Eric and I have both been able to fall asleep to the sound of the new one, but interestingly, we've both been having humidifier-influenced dreams. Eric dreamed that he was working in a factory two nights ago, and then last night, I dreamed that I was in a room with several bottles of hissing potions, all of which would cure one ailment or another.




(What we used to have)
(What we have now)


I think it's interesting that we both heard the same sound, yet our subconscious minds came up with vastly different interpretations of what that sound signified.




Hmmm. . .


3 comments:

Tonya said...

Dreams can be so weird. At least you were both able to sleep.

Cramster said...

Fascinating. I never remember my dreams.

I know, it is a boring comment. But I can't come up with anything better right now.

Charlotte said...

Boring posts (like this one) merit boring comments.

I get no more than I deserve.

:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...