Monday, December 17, 2007

I'm just curious . . .

Are there any lurkers reading this blog?


I check about five to seven blogs quite frequently, and all of them are written by people with whom I've had some kind of interaction. A couple of those interactions were via blog comments, but still, they were genuine, two-way interactions.


There are other blogs that I check regularly, but not exactly frequently. These are written by additional friends and family members, people who don't update their blogs as frequently as the people I've mentioned above.


And then there are probably three to five blogs that I check even less often, but fairly consistently. These are written by people I've found on the blogrolls of other people, or the "blogs of note" link on blogger.com, or via google searches when I was looking for something specific.


None of these people know I that exist. If they saw me on the street, they would walk right by, not knowing me from Adam. And yet, I know all about their lives. I know that one of them recently purchased a new tent trailer, and that another one of them has a daughter that recently performed in her first ever ballet recital. I know about their vacations, their frustrations, their joys, the weird things that happen to them in the grocery store, and the wonderful things that happen to them in their living rooms. In short, I know a fair amount about their lives, even though I've never met any of them, and really don't expect to ever meet any of them.


So, I'm just wondering . . . do any of you reading this blog right now fall into that category?


If you do, and you'll indulge me, leave a comment and say so. It's totally fine with me if you comment anonymously, or you can use a fake name, or you can use your real name and/or a few details about yourself. It's totally up to you.


As I said, I'm just curious . . .

6 comments:

Abbie said...

I'm in Bethesda MD and I found you from a comment you made on another blog. I like your style and the interesting way you see the world.

Tonya said...

I don't think I fall into that category exactly. I have commented here on occasion but don't make it as often as I would like to. I think I could pick you out on the street :o)

Charlotte said...

Abbie,
Thanks for your kind words.

Tonya,
I agree, you don't exactly fall into that category. There must be a fourth category (that I didn't describe in the post), which is where you are. At any rate, I'm glad you stop by. As to not making it over as often as you'd like, isn't that the way it is so often? There's so much we have to do and so much we really really want to do that it's hard to get to the things that we'd just like to do. That's how it is for me anyway.

Tasha said...

I read your blog regularly just because you post so frequently and we are kindof related so that means I'm keeping caught up with family, right? BTW I saw your newest (I think) sister-in-law and little brother at a basketball game last weekend - I don't know if I would have recognized Doug without Maegan being right by him, but it was fun to see them. Keep posting - quite often your blog makes my day :)

Victoria said...

I fall into the 'you'd never know me on the street' category. I found your blog through a comment you made on the blog of my mother in law. Mary F? She and her husband Russ used to live in North Logan, but now live in Ohio and are rehabbing a house. Yup, I'm the daughter in law. I enjoy your blog and the way you write, and occasionally you even inspire me to do random photo posts on my own blog. Isn't that cool?!

Charlotte said...

Tasha, How fun that you saw Doug and Maegan. I can hardly wait to get down there for some family time. We leave this weekend. Hooray!

Victoria, I LOVE Mary F! She was the very first person to reach out to me when I started attending the North Logan 7th ward. There will always be a special place in my heart for Mary and Russ. As for you, thanks for coming out of anonymity. How fun it is for me to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...