Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A Smattering of Gratitude

Just a few recent (or at least somewhat-recent) entries in "the gratitude book":


  • Today I had a lovely time with some friends. We talked and laughed so hard and so long that my face hurt. it's been awhile since I laughed like that, and it felt GREAT! (March 18, 2006)


  • Today I'm grateful to have handwriting that is (usually) legible (April 26, 2006)


  • Today I'm grateful that I was able to just go out and buy a new digital camera when mine broke. (May 16, 2006)


  • I have so many blessings, it is hard for me to choose one to write about here. I'm grateful for THAT. (July 5, 2006)


  • Yesterday I was working on the depreciation schedule for the audit (at work). As I was doing that, I felt really smart. I love it when that happens. (October 13, 2006)


  • Everyone at work has new cell phones now, so our ring tones are not the same anymore. I'm grateful for that. (February 10, 2007)


  • I'm grateful that Krista (my very very musical sister-in-law) has kind of taken over the responsibility of putting together a musical number for grandma's funeral (March 12, 2007)


  • I get to start out every morning by snuggling with the man I love. Wahoo! (May 13, 2007)


  • Yesterday Eric and I went to church at a different ward than usual. While we were there, a woman made a comment that helped me see that my best is good enough for the Lord, even if the level of "my best" turns out to be different from day to day. What a blessing her words were to me. (June 4, 2007)
  • Yesterday I called [my aunt] to ask her about [a dinner we were hosting]. I also told her about my bad experience in church. We laughed and laughed together. It was wonderful (July 3, 2007)
  • Yesterday Eric and I went out to dinner. Because of some mistakes in the kitchen, we ended up being able to eat for $8.58. What a deal! (September 21, 2007)
  • Yesterday my mom called me. It was the second time I'd spoken with her in a week. I'm grateful that I live in a time when I'm able to have super frequent contact with my mother. (October 18, 2007)

(I usually write in the gratitude book within 15 minutes of being awake for the day. That's why there are so many entries that begin with the word "yesterday")


1 comment:

Laura said...

I have tried so many times to maintain a gratitude journal, but I lose it or lose the motivation. I admire you for having that ritual.Maybe I can try again in 2008.....Maybe I'll try not procrastinating too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...