Saturday, November 10, 2007

To be re-read (by me) in 2009

Well, I rented a Rug Doctor from our neighborhood grocery store last Thursday, and that evening I deep-cleaned our carpets. I am AMAZED at how much better I feel about our home now. The thing that I'm most amazed about though, is how long it took for that "good feeling" to kick in. As I was running the machine, I got really discouraged, because it seemed like it was a lot of work, and I couldn't see that it was doing any good at all. I mean, there I was, dumping tank after tank of filthy water down the drain, and still the floors looked brown and dingy (well, our carpet IS brown, but still). As I was trying to get the motivation to finish the job, Eric informed me that the carpets looked much better to him (I may never be certain about whether he was telling the truth or just trying to cheer me up). After surveying the cleaned part of the room, I couldn't see that it looked better at all, but I decided to trust him, and I finished the job.

Well, yesterday morning I came downstairs, and was AMAZED at how much better the carpets looked. I had the same experience yesterday when I came home from work. They look sooo much better, and they feel sooo much better on my bare feet, and I feel sooo much better about the whole experience. Now, I'll just have to remember to come back and read this little entry in a year or year-and-a-half, when it's time to do it all again.

To celebrate the successful cleaning experience, (and because it's Eric's birthday next Friday, and I'm all about celebrating birthdays for as long as is humanly possible), we went out for Chinese food last night. I ordered Kung Pao Tofu, and Eric ordered Kung Pao Shrimp. It was delicious. Then we came home and watched season one episodes of Avatar: The Last Airbender on DVD. You wouldn't think that eating chinese food and watching cartoons would be very fun would you? But, it was. Maybe we're just overly immature, but I'm telling you, it was GREAT. Last night was the perfect way to end a hectic week and start a hopefully-more-relaxed weekend.

Nice.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

I am glad to hear your carpet experience was a good one. That is good knowledge for the future.

I also have to give you credit for the new slide show on our blog. I used your link to figure out how to do it. Thanks!!

Charlotte said...

Funny thing--I used the link on Joani's blog to figure out how to do it, and I got the link to Joani's blog from Aunt Florence. Crazy.

Dishboy said...

This has nothing to do with carpets, I'm just happy that my blog is at the top of the list. Here's hoping Bob or the folks don't start a blog to demote me.

Charlotte said...

Dishboy--don't forget that you'd also be demoted by any of the aunts or uncles, as well as my best friend from kindergarten, (Michelle L. from Georgia).

Dishboy said...

If that is the case how come I get to be above Steve and Grant who are both older than I am?

Charlotte said...

Good point. I guess because I remember you first.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...