Tuesday, November 06, 2007

a day in the life . . .

Well, everything is going well here these days. Today is the day that Eric should be able to register for the one class that he needs so that he can qualify for all the graphic design classes that he needs to take so that he can (eventually) graduate (Wa-Hoo!). This morning as I left, he was on-line, trying to get registered, and encountering some technical difficulties. I hate technical difficulties.

Tonight we have a thrilling evening planned. Eric is meeting with as many of the 14-18 year-old boys in our ward as he can get to come over, and they're going to plan out some of the service projects, scouting work, and recreation activities that they're going to be doing for the next few months. As for me, I'm going to attempt to price carpet shampoo rentals. Our carpet hasn't been deep cleaned in several years now, and it's probably time.

My biggest accomplishment of the day is that I voted. I'll admit that this is one election day that I won't be sorry to see end. In addition to all the controversy and noise about vouchers, the town that Eric and I live in (a bedroom community really) has been embroiled in what appears to be a dispute about growth, which is coming to a head as a dispute about water (as nearly as I can tell, anyway). There's probably no need to go into details, so I'll just say that the discussion has gotten quite ugly and unhappy from time to time.

And that's the story today. As I look over this post, it sounds a little on the discouraging side. I guess technical difficulties, carpet shampooing, and community discord don't make for rosy blog posts do they? All that notwithstanding, I stand by the first sentence I wrote. Everything is going well here these days. The sun is out, and there's not a cloud in the sky. I'm employed at a job that I enjoy, surrounded by friends and family that I love, and when I woke up this morning, I didn't have a single ache or pain anywhere in my marvelously efficient body. Not bad for a little girl from southern Utah.

Until next time,
char

5 comments:

Harmony said...

My two cents--don't pay to have someone shampoo your carpet. Go out and buy your own steam cleaner (I like the Hoover Steam-Vac) for around $225 and do it yourself. Then you can do it on your schedule, you don't risk getting ripped off by shady carpet cleaning companies who charge an arm and a leg for what may very well turn out to be a mediocre job (I speak from experience), AND it pays for itself after about two uses. After borrowing a friend's a couple times, I invested in my own and I've been really happy with it.

Laura said...

I've been scammed by carpet cleaners too- BUT what I am impressed with is the fact that you woke up without a SINGLE ache or pain...THAT would be a great way to start any day. You must eat your WHEATIES.

Bamamoma said...

I'd rent a cleaner for now - like you plan. I wouldn't pay to have it done, but I don't you would either, but as often as you'll be cleaning carpets you might as well rent one.

Did Eric overcome his technical difficulties? Dang Banner - who implemented that stupid system anyway?

Take care you ache-free woman!

Charlotte said...

Harmony--two cents nothing! That advice is worth a least a buck or two.

Laura--actually these days I'm more of a "wheat bread (with plenty of honey) and mandarin oranges" kind of breakfast girl

Heidi-Eric went into his advisor yesterday and she got him into the class. The system didn't recognize him taking one of the pre-reqs (which he had taken), and so it wouldn't let him in. It's all good now though.

And to all of you who are jealous of the lack of aches and pains-- this morning I woke up and the first thing I felt were my throbbing feet. I wore new shoes yesterday, and got blisters on the backs of both of my heels. Agony. Pure Agony.

:)

Cramster said...

I second Heidi about renting a carpet cleaner. I actually rented a Rug Doctor from Lee's and was really happy with it. I think it did a great job of deep cleaning. My carpets looked like new. It was about $20 for the rental (and if you get it from Lee's or another store that is closed on Sundays you can rent it Saturday and keep it until Monday... but that would mean cleaning on Sunday... whatev you decide to do) and then the cleaner was on sale for around $7. I was very satisfied and I didn't have to store a steamer vacuum I bought myself. If you have spots then I recommend the pretreater, it is worth the money.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...