Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Another Round of Random Pictures

Well, it's been quite a while since I've posted a random group of pictures, and as it turns out, today is the day when I feel like doing just that. (As you might remember, I was going to do a "random picture post" a few weeks ago, but I got distracted by the picture of my tree, and went off on a description of that instead)

So, here they are. The one thing all these pictures have in common is that they were all taken at some point in the year 2004. This first picture is Heidi and I at our Simon and Garfunkel Party. In the fall of 2004, Simon and Garfunkel had a reunion tour, and they came to Salt Lake City. As I remember, I was a little hesitant about forking over the money for the high-priced tickets (which ended up selling out rather quickly anyway), and so we organized our own concert. We invited all our friends over to our apartment, and watched the DVD of Simon and Garfunkel's Concert in Central Park, and pretended. Heidi even worked it out so we could make our own iron-on t-shirts to commemorate the event. I still have my t-shirt actually. It's getting a little raggedy, but it makes a great Saturday shirt to this day.

This next one I took at an Aggie Football game, again in the fall of 2004. As I remember, I attended the game with Ilsa and Dorothea. I have no idea who those people are, but I liked how there were so many navy blue shirts, and so I snapped this shot to remember the moment.













And finally, we have the photo that is in homage to the fact that in just twelve short days,(!!!!!) Eric and I will be in Southern Utah, at this very gate, headed up to my parents' cabin for a day of Christmas Eve sledding, chili and salt water taffy eating, hot chocolate drinking, and general playing. It's one of the Corry traditions, and it might be my favorite one. Ever since I was a little girl, my dad (who is the man pictured most prominently in the picture) would take all of us kids up to the cabin on Christmas Eve Day, thus getting us out of my mom's hair so she could finish her Christmas preparations. We would spend the day sledding, eating chili dogs and salt water taffy, drinking hot chocolate, and making a whole bunch of memories. The tradition continues, although nowadays my mom comes up with us. Sometimes there's so much snow that it looks like a Winter Wonderland, and sometimes it's a bit sparse (as it is in this photo). Regardless of the snowpack though, we always have a fantastic time.




And I think that will do it for today.

-cc


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...