Monday, October 01, 2007

"Dream a Little Dream with Me"




Well, the dream book has finally been compiled. I recognize that it's been nearly five months since we started working on it, and the only excuse that I have is that Eric and I aren't really magazine people*, so, it took a while to round up pictures for all of our dreams. However, we did it, and the book is ready. I'm sure we'll add on to it as we collect more dreams and hopes and goals. But, that's the way it's supposed to be, right?

One interesting thing . . . when we started putting together the book last May, one of the hopes that Eric had was that he would be able to be an influence for good in the lives of youth, especially youth who might be struggling in one way or another. I found it interesting as I was working on the page last week. There I was, pasting pictures of nice-looking men (by which I mean, "Men who look like nice guys", not necessarily "Men who look like they should be movie-stars")(Luckily for me, Eric is both) working and playing with teenagers in different situations. The more pictures I pasted, the more those men started looking like Eric to me, and the more those kids started looking like the boys in our ward, boys who Eric sees every week at Young Men's meetings and activities. I think it's slightly amazing that the dreams started coming into reality even before the dream book was finished. If that's not efficiency, I don't know what is.

In other news, things are fine. Work is good, home is good, life is good. I won the bet this week (Eric forgot again, and had tortilla chips for lunch on Friday), so the gift card is mine! We restarted the contest though, with a different incentive this time. Now the loser will have to endure a video of the other person's choice. If I win, I'm probably going to subject Eric to "Amahl and the Night Visitors". Wish me luck.

-cc

*Well, except for Readers Digest, of course!

4 comments:

Amber Passey said...

What a great idea! I love the idea of a dream book. Visualizing a dream definitely helps make it a reality! I'm glad you enjoyed the pumpkin bread!

Bamamoma said...

I hope there are lots of pictures of little kids playing with their Alabama "cousins" in that dream book! :)

Jeri said...

I think you should submit him to Thoroughly Modern Mille. (no question in MY mind who will be winning this bet...

Congrats on winning the gift card. Have fun splurging!

Tonya said...

What a great idea. That will be awesome to look at/add to/check off over the years.

You go girl!! Enjoy spending that gift certificate. Was there really ever a doubt? :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...