Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Pumpkins, Cars, Fondue, and Stars


Well, it's been a busy few days. Busy but enjoyable. That might just be my favorite way of life.


Last night Eric and I had our first ever "Capricious Captivating Cantwell Carving Commemoration" (man, am I good or what?). It was just lovely. We each had a pumpkin to carve. As it turned out, one of us was finished with the pre-cut drawing, scooping, cutting, adding of candle, testing with candle, and cleaning off the sides within about 20 minutes. The other one of us took an extra 20 minutes or so to finish his project. (One of us is an accountant, and one of us is an artist.) One of us created a jack-o-lantern that was incredibly generic (except for the sunglass lines leading from the eyes, which are supposed to look like sunglass shades), and the other one of us created something rather original and unique.

But, we both had a good time, and it turned out to be a great evening. (One thing--when you look at that picture below, know that I'm obviously taking it myself, (because Michelangelo had quite enough on his plate with his orange canvas, and I didn't think it was fair to ask him to take photos as well.) I think because I did it myself, I got the angle of the camera and the pumpkin and my face all situated in such a way so as to make me look a little on the purple side. Odd, since I don't usually have a purple face. Eric told me I should photoshop the picture, and I think I will--once I cover "making purple faces look normal" in my photoshop lessons)


Otherwise, things are pretty basic around here. On Saturday night I found that the RAV4 wouldn't start, which was kind of stressful, since I immediately started imagining all that could be going wrong with it, and then I went right into mourning for the loss of a car that I have truly loved. But, Eric and his father got right on the case, and it turned out that we just needed to get a new battery in there. Those fine men took care of that yesterday, and today I'm back in the gray RAVioli, jammin' to my man Peter Breinholt, and enjoying life as much as ever.


Tonight we'll be testing out the fondue set that we got for our wedding, as well as handing out Bit-o-Honey to those cute trick-or-treaters that live in our neighborhood. Since we live in a townhome complex, most of our under-age neighbors are elementary-school age or younger. It makes for some really really adorable trick-or-treaters, that's for sure.



Once the stream of little witches and ballerinas and pirates slows down and it gets really dark, we're hoping to make it up to the observatory, if it's open. Eric has to go there for one of his classes, and I haven't looked through a telescope since I went to the "check-out-Mars-tonight-'cause-this-is-as-big-as-it's-going-to-get-in-your-lifetime event" with Heidi back in 2003 or so. I'm probably due, don't you think?



And with that, I wish you all a Happy Halloween.



Hasta,


Char

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...