Friday, October 05, 2007

preparation, music, and here comes the weekend!

Well, all is well here. I'm finally finished (more or less) with all the post-marriage things that needed to be done (thank-you cards, scrapbook, arranging the house, changing my name on everything, etc., etc., etc.,) and so I'm back to having just the regular run-of-the-mill tasks on my plate. Right now that includes turning a one-person 72 hour kit into a two-person 72 hour kit, and a food storage supply for one person into a food storage supply for two people.

I'm also trying to work my way through a new music book. I'll be starting to teach a new voice student Tuesday, and I found a book in my collection that I like and hope will work well for her. The only problem is, I don't know any of the songs in the book. So, I've been trying to learn at least 4-5 of them. The student will only be working on 1-2 songs at a time of course, but since not every song is a good match for every hopeful singer, I figure I'd better have a few extra.

We should have a good weekend. Tonight our classic movie theatre is showing Vincent Price's The Fly, and we're going to see it. Tomorrow Eric has to work, so I'll be puttering around, listening to General Conference while cleaning our kitchen or working on the afghan that I'm making for my cousin's wedding. Then Sunday will be a special treat. Dorothea and Sergei were able to get tickets to the morning session of conference, so we'll go there and actually experience it all in the conference center. We'll have to leave at 6:45 a.m. in order to make it there, but if you ask me, it's totally worth it.

Happy Friday,
Char

1 comment:

Tristi Pinkston said...

You know, they say that two can eat as cheaply as one . . . maybe you can just share that 72 hour kit and cross it off your to-do list. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...