Friday, September 21, 2007

Pinecones and Holly Berries

So, last night, I'm brushing my teeth, and Eric casually mentions that he knows what one of my Christmas presents is going to be.

Oh Sweet Agony!

I love Christmas, my birthday, my half-birthday (which was last week, incidentally), and any other excuse that I can make to get presents. What am I, ten years old? I can't explain it. I even admit that a mere 4-5 years ago (when I was over thirty years old mind you) I unwrapped some of my Christmas presents, saw what they were, and then re-wrapped them.

So, the knowledge that Eric has one of my presents all figured out (but apparently not purchased yet) is nearly enough to drive me crazy with joyous anticipation. I've tried to get him to give me hints, but he's remaining rock steady and silent as a tomb.

But, Christmas is still a ways away. I figure I have a 50/50 chance of getting him to crack.





Little does he know that I already have one of his presents purchased and hidden away.

Now, I'm a big fan of fall. I love the cool mornings, I love the fresh produce, I love Halloween, and Thanksgiving has been my favorite holiday for at least 10 years now. But, with this "present development", I just can't keep myself from humming . . .

"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, everywhere you go . . . "

And really, if all that humming puts a smile on my face, what's not to like about that?

:)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...