Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I just love it . . .

  • I just love it that I live in an area where I can go to the Gardeners Market every Saturday morning. (Even though I've only been once so far this summer)

  • I just love it that I live in a neighborhood where for a mere $30 per year, the Boy Scouts will set up and take down the American flag in my front yard on Memorial Day, Flag Day, Independence Day, Pioneer Day, Labor Day, and September 11.

  • I just love it that my mother taught me how to crochet when I was 9 years old, passing on a skill to me that she learned from her mother, and that when I was 25 years old, I re-taught my grandmother how to crochet. What a fun circle!

  • I just love it that I drive a Toyota RAV4, which gives me the road clearance and safe feeling of a truck or SUV, but gives me the drive-ability and gas mileage of a car. (and no, this is not a Toyota sponsored post)

  • I just love it that my mother-in-law is a master tomato gardener, and that she is willing to give us all the tomatoes that we can eat.




  • This is a picture I took of my papa this summer (he's the one holding the hose). There is nothing extra special about this picture--except for the smile on his face. You might have to zoom in to get a real appreciation for the facial expression, and if you don't know my father, the smile probably won't say as much to you. But as for me, I just love it.

2 comments:

Tonya said...

I love that you are so grateful for all these things!!

Jodi said...

It it is still my life's ambition to have a garden like Beverly Cantwell. She is amazing. You are so lucky! My mother in law is also a master tomato gardner. She has been very generous with her crop this year. My poor tomatos have been sleeping with a blankie since it has started freezing at night.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...