Monday, August 27, 2007

My second time ever being blog-tagged

Melissa tagged me to say eight unexpected things that happened on our family reunion trip.

(I'll be taking things from both reunions that we attended. We could have attended three, but we had a little miscommunication, and didn't realize that one for Eric's family was going on until the actual day--four hours away)


1. Eric saw and caught a horned toad for the very first time. (It's not unexpected to me that he saw one or caught one--but it is unexpected that it was his first time. I guess that's what happens when you grow up in Northern (vs. Southern) Utah)


2. My Great-Aunt Beth congratulated us on getting married, and asked us if we had any kids yet (we'd only been married three months at the time).


3. My mother put craisins in the annual Corry reunion trail mix instead of raisins.




4. I left my knock-off crocs (you know-those holey shoes) outside the tent for 2 full days and the sun melted them so much that one of them lost a size. So, I had to throw them away. (Bummer!)





5. We discovered that one of my nephews (he was five months old at the time) will stop crying almost immediately if you start singing, "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" to him. No other song works. I tried a bunch of others, and that was the only one that would work. It didn't matter who sang it either. Definitely interesting, don't you think?











6. I was unseated from my "favorite aunt/uncle slot" as my nephew (Evan) asked Eric to sit next to his car seat in the van instead of me. (this after they had bonded on the ski lift and the alpine slide-fickle kid!)










7. We played volleyball and watched the kids play a version of t-ball and had water fights and ran races and sang songs, but the most fun event of the whole thing for me was watching five children dance to the different ringtones on my cell phone.


















And finally . . .



8. I ate carrot cake, and liked it.



I'm supposed to tag people now, I think eight of them. I don't think I know eight people who blog, especially if I can't tag those who Melissa already tagged (read: Jeri). So, I tag Heidi, Sparkles (Michelle), Jodi, Amy, and Jennie. I would tag Harmony, but I think she already got this tag a few weeks ago.



Oh-and it doesn't have to be eight unexpected things about a family reunion. It can just be eight random or unexpected things about anything. They don't even have to have anything in common with one another.



So, those are the rules, and this is the end of the post for today.

Hasta,

3 comments:

amy greenway said...

I'll get on the "tag". :) By the way, I LOVE the pics of your niece and nephew dancing. Now that's passion. And you can tell they have had the best day ever because they have visible dirt on their faces! That's the best. It doesn't happen often enough.

amy
ps. I had no clue about Eric's eye. I definitely would have called.

scullery maid said...

Spencer still hasn't stopped dancing "a la Bradley style". Although when I tried to get him to dance to my ringtones the other day I was told "Yours are no good mom, I only dance to Aunt Charlotte's"

Anne Bradshaw said...

Glad I found this blog today. Enjoyed the read and the photos.

Here comes an invitation to visit my blog--this week if possible--as my "Spotlight the Youth" contest ends Friday, and lots of votes are needed to make it work. So please spread the word.

Thanks so much

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...