Monday, August 13, 2007

Just playin' around

I wore a hairband today. Why do I do that? Hairbands always make me feel like my brains are going to be squeezed out my ears. It's only 11:18 a.m., which means I've been wearing the hairband for less than two hours, and I already have a headache. Silly girl.

(the hairband is out now--by the way)

It was a nice weekend. The operas closed on Saturday night, and it was a successful season, with good shows and great ticket sales. It's always nice when it works out that way. Friday Eric and I took a break from the opera business and went out to dinner and to a movie. We ate Chinese Food (I had Kung Pao Tofu, Eric had Kansaw (sp?) Shrimp. We shared entrees, and the Tofu was gone long before the Shrimp. Who would have thought?) and saw the Fantastic Four Movie at the cheap (used-to-be-called-dollar) theatre. I liked it just fine, and Eric liked it even better than fine. So, it was a great evening.

Saturday we ran some errands and went shopping. We were in the neighborhood of our local Deseret Book, and so we went in to look there. When we left, we were each in possession of a little present. I had a copy of "Twilight" by Stephanie Meyer*, and Eric had the audio CDs for "1776" by David McCullough. Yippee! What a treat! Best of all, we didn't have to pay a dime, because we used the gift card that the Packers gave us for our wedding. (I know you're reading this--so THANKS!)

And that's pretty much the state of things at the moment.


*Eric had told me about this book over two months ago. He had been eavesdropping on a conversation he heard in Borders about it, and decided that it sounded like something that would be interesting to me. When he told me that it featured some kind of vampire element, I wasn't all that gung-ho. But, I just keep running into favorable reviews, so I finally decided to read it. I read the first three pages Saturday night, just to get a taste, and I have to say that the story is pretty engaging- right from the start.

3 comments:

Harmony said...

You are welcome, of course! I love giving gifts that are useful and enjoyable. Maybe we succeeded this time. :-)

Tasha said...

I noticed that this post was a few days old, so you may have finished this book by now, but I have to say that I LOVED this book - couldn't put it down and devoured it in 5 hours. Hope you enjoy it too - there are two more in the series that I will let myself read when I don't have other work to do - my reward of sorts.

Laura said...

I have to say that I have been going through a headband (hairband) phase myself...and duh..i am getting some serious headaches..but do I take it off? No..1/2 the time I dont'..am I an idiot..I guess so. Isn't it better to look good than to feel good?
I'm 45..what the heck am I doing wearing a headband/hairband anyway. Rant over.
La

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...