Monday, July 16, 2007

whipped topping, chubby babies, horned toads, and kayaks

Well, we've opened the opera season at work, and Eric and have gone to and returned from the Corry reunion. As you might imagine, I have about a million things to do right now, so this will be a quick post with a few random pictures from the reunion. Perhaps I'll give more details later, and maybe I won't. It's all a gamble, isn't it? The first night we had Dutch Oven ribs, cooked by Dishboy, with help from Scullery Maid and some of my other brothers. We also had cobbler for dessert. After everyone had eaten, there was extra whipped cream, and my mom went around the camp, squirting whipped cream into any mouth that would open for her. I think the oldest mouth that was willing to open up may have been mine.
These are my three youngest nephews. They are approximately 5, 7, and 4 months old respectively. If you click on the picture, it will take you to a bigger copy, and you will notice that these boys are all more on the chubby side than otherwise. I don't know what that's all about.

These next two are horned toad pictures. Scullery Maid found one, but was nervous about picking it up. So, it was Uncle Eric to the rescue.



This is the most random picture of the bunch. I mean really, how often do you see a girl in a pink tutu, surrounded by dirt and dust and wild grasses with a horny toad crawling up her chest? Not often I bet.

(The tutu was part of a costume for our family talent program, which took place approximately 30 minutes after this picture was taken)



And this is Eric in a kayak with Marian. My dad made the Kayak along with four others years ago. We take them on the lake every year, and it's one of the highlights of the summer for me. My arms sure get tired paddling though!

And that's it for now. In two days we are hosting a get-together for as many of our friends who will come. Heidi and Phil are in town, so it's partially for them, and it's partially because we've missed seeing all our friends in our home since we got married. So, that should be fun, provided that I can get rid of the 4-5 piles of laundry that are currently spread out throughout the house.


:)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...