Friday, July 06, 2007

More Random Photos


Well, it's time for four more pictures with four more explanations, and then we'll be on our way to the weekend!

The first shot is of four of my nieces and one nephew. They are sitting on a log, watching a riveting horseshoe match. Perhaps in a week and a half or so I'll do a review of the Corry Reunion.

We have it every year in the mountains of Southern Utah. It's a big deal in that it's been going on for more years than I've been alive, and that the number of people who come is regularly in the 100+ range. It's a little deal in that keeping that many people entertained and happy doesn't involve much more than arranging for everyone to take turns cooking meals, and assigning someone (usually my dad) to make sure there's a fire going when it gets cold enough to need one.

In addition to eating and sitting around the fire though, there's a bunch of visiting and playing that goes on. The playing would include the annual men's horseshoe tournament, and (see picture below) the never-planned but also never-absent hour when all the "big boys" get together to match their catching/receiving skills (playing "500").


These other two pictures are of trips taken to areas a little further away. The one above is in Bangkok, and the one below is from the cruise that Tayneshia and I took to the Bahamas. Both of these pictures were taken a couple of years ago, back when I traveled every chance I could, assuming that the day would come that I wouldn't have the time, resources, or desire to travel so much.




I think that day may be on its way.

At least for a season.

It's all good. How does that scripture in Ecclesiastes go? To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven? I imagine I'll be able to put travel on the back burner for a little while, with the hope that a second season of travel will come around at some point in my (our) future.

Happy Friday.

-ccc




2 comments:

Harmony said...

You have some great pictures Charlotte. I love the one of the nieces and nephew on a log. Very cute.

Jennie said...

the pictures are amazing! thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...