Monday, July 09, 2007

Mmmmm-mmmm, DEEE-licous!

I'm sitting here, reveling in eating a piece of delicious chocolate cake with whipped topping frosting. Mmmmmm-mmmm.

I had just finished reconciling the main checking account for the opera company, which is always a big ordeal. In June, July, and August, we spend the vast majority of our 2 million+ budget. So, the reconciliations for those months typically have more checks than in other months. As it turns out, in June we had between 300 and 400 checks clear, for an amount of just about a quarter of a million dollars.

Anyway, just as I was finishing up, Gregorio dropped by my office and told me that there was cake in the kitchen. I was in the kitchen within 5 minutes, and back in my office with the cake a few minute later. Give me about 5 more minutes, and I'll have the piece finished.

Would that I received such a fine reward every time I finished a difficult task.

. . .

Of course, if I did, I'd either have to stop performing difficult tasks, or buy a whole new wardrobe to fit my chocolate-cake-inflated thighs. I suppose it's just as well that things are as they are.

1 comment:

André Benjamim said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...