Monday, July 23, 2007

Just Shootin' the Breeze

I don't have all that much to say at the moment, but when has that ever kept me from posting something, huh?

It was a great weekend. Amy and Adam (Eric's sister and her husband) have been in town and on Saturday we were all able to go to the temple together and witness the sealing of their daughter Cecily. It was great to all be in the temple at the same time again. The last time we were all together was when Eric and I got married, and so being there brought back lots of good memories from that day.

Of course, before and after the sealing, there were lots of family gatherings. Friday we had a gathering with as many of the extended Cantwells as could arrange to come. Then Saturday and Sunday we got together with a group that was a little bit smaller-consisting of Eric's siblings (and their spouses), nieces, nephews, and parents.

Last December, as Eric was describing his extended family to me (as I was preparing to attend my first big family event), he mentioned over and over again how much the Cantwells like to chat with each other. I was glad to hear that, because I'm a little bit on the chatty side myself, particularly once I feel comfortable with the people by whom I'm surrounded.

Well, it's been about seven months since Eric gave me that helpful bit of information, and since then I've been to four different big family events/dinners, and many many more little family events/dinners. Now, I took Eric at his word, and had no doubt that what he was telling me was the truth. But, now that I have a little bit of experience under my belt, I can say of my own accord, that Eric was absolutely right. Those Cantwells are definitely a chatty bunch.

It's absolutely wonderful.

1 comment:

melissa c said...

Family. Can't live with them, Can't live without them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...