Wednesday, June 13, 2007

heading off a comment from dishboy








I just realized that I neglected to mention any memories I have with any of the children of dishboy and scullery maid. Since they are probably the most frequent readers, and definitely the most frequent posters to this blog, that is really inexcusable.





So, here are some of my favorite memories with Spencer and Jessi (Kristian is one of those who is really too young for memories at this point):


  • Walking with Spencer through the streets of Pikeville Kentucky, trying to protect him as he walked up to complete stranger after complete stranger, making new friends.


  • Jessi running around my parent's house with a cape tied around her neck and a ski cap on her head, looking like some odd incarnation of a super-hero.


  • Teaching Spencer to say, "Never! I am a Jedi as my father was before me!" when he received a light saber for Christmas in 2005.


  • Watching Spencer and my dad shovel snow in the driveway through the window of my parent's house.

You may notice that these memories are heavy on the Spencer side and light on the Jessi side. All I can say to that is that Spencer is older. So, there you have it.

-char









2 comments:

Dishboy said...

I just checked back to make some snide remark about the last post neglecting to mention my kids. Took the wind right out of my sails. I'm impressed with the title as well.

Spencer will be happy that he is famous now. He still occasionally talks of playing with Uncle Eric's toys.

scullery maid said...

I love the picture of Spencer at your wedding. Can you email me a copy of it? This was after the fly flew on his ear and completly freaked him out!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...