Thursday, May 10, 2007

Joy and Gloriousness

This will be quick, because of course, I am absolutely SWAMPED. But, here are some pictures from the honeymoon of joy and gloriousness.





We were lucky to happen upon a free outdoor jazz concert on Saturday afternoon. It was fabulous.








We spent an entire afternoon in Chinatown. Eric bought me a dragon necklace, which I love. We looked at jade dragons, but since the ones we really liked were over $1,000, we decided to wait on those until we arrive at the point that we have so much money that we don't know what to do with it. We ate prawns with lobster sauce and lychee chicken in a Chinese roof garden restaurant. The view was as good as the food, and both were heavenly.




Oh-and every morning, I went for a little walk-about before breakfast. I saw this on one of my ramblings and thought it was kind of fun. It's a tavern on the corner of Grant Street and Green Street.
And that had better be all for today.
-Char

9 comments:

scullery maid said...

So out of curiosity, what is a dragon necklace?

Dishboy said...

I hope Higgins likes it.

Charlotte said...

Oh-it's just a regular old necklace, except that this one features a dragon. The chain is silver, and there is a pendant that goes with it. The pendant is a round onyx cirle, with a silver dragon threaded around the top part. It's actually quite pretty, and very unique. The whole pendant is probably 1/2 inch in diameter.

In a Higgins update--Eric has procured a damaged Curio cabinet that he is going to fix, and then put in his "man room". So, he has informed me that if I want us to move Higgins up there. Is it crazy that I haven't decided whether or not I want to yet?

Charlotte said...

I left out a phrase up there. It SHOULD have said, "So, he has informed me that if I was us to move Higgins up there, we can. "

There.

Dishboy said...

A man room huh? I thought that we had to progress from a garage to an actual room in the house. What a lucky guy Eric is. I bet when you get a house with a garage he'll have a man room AND a garage. I am very jealous.

scullery maid said...

Is the man room the same room Spencer affectionatly refers to as "the room with the really cool cool toys that I just wanted to play with carefully"?

melissa c said...

It sounds like a really fun trip! Glad you are back!

I have never been to china town. I have always wanted to go!

Great pictures, bye the way

Charlotte said...

scullery--you have the room fit to a "T"! Eric assures me that he's going to put some "kid-safe-but-still-cool" toys in a fairly accessible place, so the nephews (and adventurous nieces)will feel like they are playing with something cool when they come over.

We'll see.

scullery maid said...

Well that would definatly move Uncle Eric up the scale of Favorite Uncle in Spencer's eyes

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...