Monday, March 12, 2007

A weekend of revelry


I'm going to try to do two blog entries today. That's because it turned out to be a very busy weekend, and with two pretty distinct sets of activities and emotions. This entry will be about the glorious bachelorette weekend, which was nothing but great, great, great!

I was going to write a big ole' travel log here about our minute-by-minute adventures, but I think I'll just go ahead and do a list:



  • All the girls (except Elenita)* looked at mine and Eric's engagement pictures, and were appropriately impressed.

  • We ate lunch at a Chilean Deli, where the food was both (apparently) authentic and (absolutely) delicious.

  • We saw the Joseph Smith movie at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. I cried. No one else did. I can't believe I was the only crybaby.

  • We went shopping, much to the joy of Bonita Juanita. I was kind of on the hunt for a yellow umbrella, since I thought it would be kind of a fun prop for my bridal pictures. I love yellow umbrellas. I even have one, but it's a little hammered, since I use it every time it rains. Anyway, I didn't find one. Oh well.

  • We ate dinner at P.F. Chang, one of my favorites. We had to wait a mind-bending 90 minutes for a table, but since we're all pretty chatty girls, it wasn't as much of a hardship as you might have thought it would be.

  • Five of us (but not me or Camilla) took a carriage ride around temple square. I had already had that experience back in high school, and so when we found that the carriages would only fit four or five people, Camilla and I volunteered to stay behind.

  • Camilla and I were supposed to meet the others back at the hotel after their carriage ride, but they beat us back, because we got lost, for a change. I don't know what it is about Camilla and I, but every time we are alone together, we get lost. Now, San Diego, and Orlando I understand. But downtown Salt Lake City? I've spent weeks and weekends there since I was seven years old! The whole town is laid out on a perfect grid system! It's impossible to get lost there. But, we did. We had been alone together for no more than 10 minutes before we had made a wrong turn and ended up blocks from where we needed to be. Sigh.

  • Some of us chatted and giggled the night away, although I was conked out by 11:30 p.m. What's THAT all about?

  • We attended church the next day with a branch made up entirely of Family History missionaries. We had kind of hoped to just "blend in" with the members there, but since we were the only people to be seen without name tags, wrinkles, or un-died grey hair, that plan kind of fell through. It was a fun couple of meetings though.

  • And then, we were on our way back home.

It was a glorious weekend. I'm hoping (and planning) that these will be some of those friendships that will last post-marriage. Men are great, and Eric is especially special, but sometimes you just need a little girl time, ya know?


Yeah, you know, and so do I. And, luckily for me, this weekend I got some real, quality, treasure-full girl time.


:)




*Have you noticed that the vast majority of my friends have names here that end in the sound "a"? I have no explanation for that.

2 comments:

melissa c said...

First of all, HOW FUN!!! I too love yellow umbrellas. I probably got that from you. I had to have one in Venezuela, my mission and it ended up stolen.

I also cried during the J.S. movies. It was very touching. I liked this Joseph better than any other I have seen.

It does sound wonderful. Remember to keep doing fun things with your friends even after your marriage. It will be good for you and for your marriage.

scullery maid said...

I bet my grandmother was one of those missionaries you went to church with. She is serving in the Salt Lake geneology library and lives in the apartment right across the street from the chapel. She was the one with the grey hair :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...