Thursday, March 29, 2007

Farewell Chris!

So, Tayneshia sends me a text message last night (as I'm writing out thank-you cards) with the bad news that my favorite American Idol Chris Sligh was voted off the show this week. He might very well have been my favorite American Idol of all time, but now he's gone. All I can say is that it's a good thing I've been distracted for the past while, and haven't been following AI with the "rabid-ness" that I have in years past, or this could be a real blow. As it is, it just leaves me without a favorite. Oh well.

I recently realized that I was so upset about my computer problems on Tuesday that I didn't even mention the bridal shower that I had the previous Saturday. It was GREAT. About 20-25 of my dearest friends came, and we ate chicken salad croissants (and homemade doughnuts), played one shower game (in which people read various statements and tried to determine which one applied to Eric and which one applied to me), and opened present after present after present. Eric and I are now the proud owners of an ice cream maker, a creme brulee set, a beautiful hand made (yellow!) afghan, a crepe-maker, some nice queen size sheets, towels, a bunch of gift cards, and a whole bunch of other stuff, a few of which are items that are probably a little too delicate to mention here. But, you get the idea.

Anyway, it was great.

So, aside from having no real reason to tune into American Idol anymore, life is going really quite well.

-c

5 comments:

BamaMoma said...

when Phil and I heard Ryan announce Chris was going home Phil said, "oh no, poor Charlotte isn't going to be happy." Our thoughts are with you...

melissa c said...

I have been rabidly following AI. I can't believe that one kid, what's his name?, keeps coming back. He's cute and all but no where near as good as some.

My favorite is Melinda and I like the girl with the red streaks and I like another (I can never remember names) who wore the big hoop earrings last night. I think the girls are all heads and tails better than the boys nut that is just me.

Dishboy said...

Against my wife's advice I'm desperately pulling for Sanjaya. The guy has great hair, he's from Yakima, and if he wins it might just be the beginning of the end for American Idol (that wonderous day that I wish for every moment of my life).

Charlotte said...

dishboy,

I am officially disowning you. My brother you are no more. From now on, I have only three brothers.

dishboy said...

Long live Sanjaya!!!!

Down with Paula!!!

(sixes on the other two judges)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...