Tuesday, January 09, 2007

warmth, communication, reassurance, and X-men

Well, the boiler at work is fixed, the voice mail is fixed, and my computer seems to be doing a bit better than it was previously. It looks like things are just about back to their pre-Christmas level of working-ness. Nice.

In other news, the wedding plans continue. Right now I'm mainly working on getting addresses for announcements, but in the back of my mind I'm worrying about cakes (oh yes, we are now going to have a cake after all) and flowers and food and all of that fun stuff. Last night I reached saturation point of worrying about it all, got a little reality check as to what is and really is not important, and now I'm back to being able to take it all (or at least most of it) in stride.

In my spare time lately, I've been trying to get a baby aphgan done for one of my nephews that will be born in March or April. As I've been working on that, I've been watching the X-Men trilogy on DVD. I love it! I would like to know some of the back story of the whole X-Men deal though, the things that you can't learn just by watching the movies. I don't think I'm committed enough to it all to actually read the comic books though. So, I guess we'll have to see how I reconcile those two forces.

And that's it for today.
-c

ps-the spell check isn't working at the moment, and I'm too lazy to go through this all on my own, so please excuse any misspellings.

2 comments:

melissa c said...

Girl, we are two peas in a pod. I love the x-men, Maybe it's just Hugh Jackman. I'd make out with that man! (if I were single of course!)

Dishboy said...

The solution to your problems is the website below. It is often down, but when the site is up you can watch various TV shows including many old cartoons on the web. Spencer really likes the Dinobots-transformers episodes.

http://tvlinks.voodeedoo.org/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...